Online Postgraduate Diploma in Advanced Radiotherapy Practice
Online Postgraduate Diploma in Advanced Radiation Therapy Practice offers two strands:
Clinical practice or treatment planning. Select an option to learn more about each strand.
Should you have any queries please contact us on PGRadRT@tcd.ie.
The postgraduate diploma consists of 6 online modules over a period of 12 months:
- Imaging in Oncology (10ECTs)
- Delineation for radiotherapy planning (10 ECTs)
- Advances in radiation therapy (10ECTs)
- Research Methods (10ECTs)
- Management Skills for Healthcare Professionals (10ECTs)
- Radiobiological principles and practice (10ECTs)
On successful completion of this Diploma students should be able to:
- Identify radiological anatomy and critically appraise the optimal imaging for radiation therapy, from diagnosis to on-treatment verification
- Critically appraise the relevance and application of the principles of target volume delineation and demonstrate proficiency in target volume and organs at risk delineation
- Anticipate, recognise and appropriately manage site specific treatment-related toxicities
- Use evidence-based medicine to underpin their radiation therapy practice and devise and plan research in the field of radiation therapy
- Critically examine healthcare management processes and their application in oncology
- Critically appraise the biological consequences of ionising radiation exposure and its potential in cancer treatment
On successful completion of this Diploma, students may choose to register for a top up year and complete a Research Dissertation module towards the award of a Postgraduate MSc.
The postgraduate diploma consists of 6 online modules completed over 12 months:
- Imaging in Oncology (10 ECTs)
- Delineation for Radiotherapy planning (10 ECTs)
- Specialist Radiation Therapy Techniques (10 ECTs)
- Research Methods (10 ECTs)
- Treatment Planning for Modulated Techniques (10 ECTs)
- Proton Therapy Planning and Delivery (10 ECTs)
On successful completion of this Diploma, you may choose to register for an MSc top up year and complete a Research Dissertation module towards the award of a MSc.