|Course Title||Advanced Radiation Therapy|
|Qualification||Postgraduate Certificate / Diploma/ M.Sc|
|Duration||Options 1-3 years|
|Next Intake||September 2024|
|Expressions of Interestfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Closing date||July 31st 2024|
More information about The Advanced Radiation Therapy Practice programme
Our postgraduate radiation courses are available in 2 strands, Clinical Practice or Treatment Planning.
Clinical Practice Strand
This strand aims to develop knowledge and skills in the advanced radiation therapy management of cancer patients and to enable you to critically evaluate and participate in research in this area.
It is aimed at Radiotherapy professionals that:
- Are seeking to expand their career into Advanced Clinical Practice; Management and/or Research.
- Wish to work in an extended role in their department.
- Are returning to employment and may wish to update their knowledge on current evidence-based practice.
Treatment Planning Strand
This strand aims to develop students’ knowledge and skills in the field of Radiation Therapy treatment planning.
It is aimed at Radiation Therapy professionals that:
- Are seeking to expand their career into advanced techniques, treatment planning or/and research.
- Wish to work in an advanced role in their department in treatment planning
- Wish to update their knowledge on current evidence based practice.
Online Distance Learning
During our online postgraduate courses, you will gain in-depth evidence based knowledge of the management of radiotherapy patients, critically evaluate your practice and develop ideas for services improvements within your practice and workplace.
The online delivery of this programme allows you to:
- Undertake a flexible yet structured programme of education, with no requirement to attend the Trinity Campus.
- Benefit from evidence-based learning resources and input from clinical experts.
- Share experiences and ideas with fellow students doing online discussions.
- Benefit from weekly engagement with fellow learners and academics through interactive webinars.
The programme uses a range of authentic continuous assessments which gives you the opportunity to produce work which is highly relevant to the clinical environment and develops independent life-long learning skills; this includes written and practical assignments, online activities, project and case studies.
Applications will be accepted from those who:
- Hold an honours primary degree in Radiation Therapy, Medical Physics, Medicine or a related discipline; or otherwise satisfy the selection panel that they have the ability to complete and benefit from the course.
- Evidence of relevant professional experience.
- Have access to radiation therapy planning software for the duration of the course.
- Have a fluent command of the English language. Students whose first language is not English must meet the University's English language requirements.
To complete your application you will need the following documents:
- Copy of all relevant qualifications
- Full official transcript from your qualification (this is a certified document noting all subjects studied each year of the course and all grades achieved)
- Certified English language translations of transcript and qualification (if applicable)
- Name of 2 referees- one must be an Academic referee.
- EU status documents (if applicable for fee status)
- Brief CV
- English language certification (if applicable)
- Letter of support from Radiation Oncology department stating that you have access to radiation therapy planning software for the duration of the course
See the Academic Registry website for up-to-date fees information: https://www.tcd.ie/academicregistry/fees-payments/course-fees/
For informal enquiries, please contact email@example.com or call us at +353(01) 896 3234.
This is a well-designed course that allowed me the possibility of advancing my studies whilst maintaining my current job. Despite being delivered fully online; the lecturers are accessible, supportive and have a wealth of academic knowledge and clinical expertise. The weekly sessions were a great opportunity to engage with fellow students worldwide and is helpful in gaining new insights and different perspectives on the subject matter. The course content is carefully chosen, relevant and challenges you to critically evaluate your current practice and adopt an evidence-based approach. It requires your time and commitment, but I highly recommend this program to advance your personal and professional development.
There are so many advantages to studying online. It means I can study in my own time, organising my hours around my shift work and social life. Even from Australia I can manage to attend the weekly tutorials to discuss the week’s topics with my class and tutors. Any questions or problems I have, I just send an email and the course and module coordinators are always happy to help. It can be daunting returning to study again but the course layout makes the work load very manageable. The modules are engaging and relevant to my work too which is important for keeping me motivated in the online environment.