Ageing Health & Wellbeing in Intellectual Disability (P. Grad. Cert.) (On-line)
Ageing Health and Wellbeing in Intellectual Disability (P. Grad. Cert.) (On-line)
This interdisciplinary course will develop and strengthen the skills, competencies and knowledge of students, thus enabling them to promote and develop excellence in the delivery of care for people with an intellectual disability. Students will explore the physical health, policy and complex care needs of people with intellectual disabilities. The course will prepare them as leaders in quality and person-centred care for people with intellectual disabilities as they age.
The Trinity Centre for Ageing and Intellectual Disability, based at Trinity College Dublin, hosts IDS-TILDA, the world leading longitudinal research initiative focused on ageing and intellectual disability, the most complete multidisciplinary body of research in this field, directly informing policy and practice to enhance the lives of older people with intellectual disability. This new Interdisciplinary P.Grad.Cert will be underpinned by research emanating from the IDS-TILDA study.
This online course is composed of three modules:
1. Health and Well-Being for Older Adults with Intellectual Disability in Contemporary Society
2. Principles and Perspectives of Service Delivery for Older Adults with Intellectual Disability
3. Complex Care Realities for the Older Person with an Intellectual Disability
Structure and delivery
All orientation and course content is delivered online; students are not required to attend onsite. The course will include 10 live webinars supported by discussion board topics and students’ contributions.
Dr. Eilish Burke,
Ussher Assistant Professor in Ageing and Intellectual Disability, TCD.
Associate Director of the Trinity Centre for Ageing and Intellectual Disability
Closing Date31 July 2020
All applicants to the School of Nursing and Midwifery whose first language is not English or who have not been educated through the medium of English must present one of the following qualifications in the English language:
• IELTS: Grade 6.5 overall with a minimum of grade of 6.5 in each category
• TOEFL: 88 internet-based, 570 paper-based, 230 computer-based. The test taken here should be TOEFL IBT
• University of Cambridge:
Proficiency Certificate, Grade C or better (CEFR Level C1 or C2)
Advanced Certificate, Grade C or better (CEFR Level C1 or C2)
• Pearson Test of English (Academic) - PTE Academic: a minimum score of 63 to be eligible (with no section score below 59)
• Duolingo English Test: minimum overall score of 110/160, dated since January 2020
• An award certificate with a minimum II.1 overall score from Trinity's Centre for English Language Learning and Teaching's Pre-sessional Pathway Programme
Please note that test scores are only valid for two years.
To apply, click on the relevant Apply Link below
Get In Touch