What are Micro-credentials?
Micro-credentials are a new, exciting offering from Trinity College Dublin. They are short, accredited learning experiences that facilitate flexible and innovative professional development.
- Offer ECTS credit (the EU standard credit system) for continuing/professional development with a credit range from 5 - 10 ECTS.
- Are specifically designed to support learners wishing to keep pace with the fast-changing needs of industry and society.
- Offer flexibility through face-to-face, blended and online delivery.
- Are delivered by leading Trinity experts in their fields.
- Offer 'bite-sized' pieces of learning, lasting between 5 and 12 weeks.
There are four schools currently offering micro-credentials on a range of topics:
- Trinity Business School
- School of Engineering
- School of Nursing and Midwifery
- School of Social Work and Social Policy
Each of these schools has put together micro-credentials with today’s professionals in mind. Micro-credentials that explore the evolving trends in each field, that partner with enterprise to ensure responsive skills development and ultimately deliver learning outcomes with real-world relevance. The vision for Trinity micro-credentials in the future is that micro-credentials will be portable and stackable towards a Trinity award.
Follow us on social to keep up to date with micro-credentials at Trinity, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org