This course is offered subject to minimum registration numbers.
Portuguese is official language of nine countries and is the fastest-growing European language in the world behind English.
The Department of Hispanic Studies within the School of Languages, Literatures and Cultural Studies offers Portuguese language and culture courses, developed in accordance with the provisions of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages at the following levels:
- Beginners – Level A1: This course gives learners a basic knowledge of Portuguese language, culture, and contemporary society. Students should learn to make themselves understood in everyday conversational situations and be able to read and write simple Portuguese texts.
- Beginners – Level A2: This course is offered to learners who already have the required basic knowledge of Portuguese grammar and some communicative competence. It aims to develop their communicative capabilities in all language areas through the study of Portuguese culture.
- Intermediate – Level B1: This course is offered to learners who have completed the beginners’ courses. The aim is to reinforce and further develop students’ linguistic and cultural knowledge.
Date, Time, and Place
Courses run for 22 weeks, spread over two academic terms – Michaelmas (starting September) and Hillary (starting January). All classes take place in-person on Trinity's central campus.
- Beginners – Level A1: Tuesdays 6:30pm-8:30pm.
- Beginners – Level A2: Wednesdays 6:30pm-8:30pm.
- Intermediate – Level B1: Thursdays 6:30pm-8:30pm.
Further information on start dates, as well as the course application form, are available at: www.tcd.ie/Hispanic_Studies/courses/evening.php
€660 full rate. Payment by instalments of €350 per term is also possible.
There is also a concession rate available to all those retired, over 65s, and those on a government pension / payment plan and the unwaged, including second- and third-level students. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
This fee is strictly non-refundable once the course has commenced.
Get in Touch