Postgraduate Certificate (30 ECTS)
This one-year course includes four modules from our established M.Sc. in Managing Risk and System Change. Spread over one academic year it allows students to supplement their further education and career development without the need to commit immediately to an M.Sc. On successful completion graduates of this course may progress to Postgraduate Diploma level (three further modules over one additional year).
It is relevant to safety critical industries across the globe and focuses on people already in work, who have responsibility for managing: risk; change; safety; quality; planning; system design. It brings the next generation of safety, risk and change management to you, in your work, embedded in your everyday practice with a systemic, proactive and performance focus.
The overall objective of this online Postgraduate Certificate programme is to provide a rigorous but practical focus on managing risk, people and processes, change and strategic HR in operations, manufacturing and services, with an innovative integrated approach to the role of people in such systems. It provides a core framework that has been tested in collaborative industrial research and practice for managing and developing people, the design and integration of new technologies, the management of risk and the implementation of change.
World-class international teams who have collaborated through industrial research has been mobilised to provide the highest calibre research led teaching, supervision and professional expertise.
This course provides students with a stimulating online learning experience by creating a structured yet flexible learning approach. The place of study is flexible as online delivery allows students to engage in learning activities at home or in the workplace and there is no requirement to attend the Trinity campus in Dublin. Students will have access to weekly materials using a virtual learning environment and the opportunity to engage with other students and lecturers using a variety of online discussion boards.
The Role of People and Processes in Organisations (10 ECTS)
Managing Performance & Risk (10 ECTS)
Leading Change (5 ECTS)
Strategic Human Resource Development (5 ECTS)
The course advances graduates' career prospects both in terms of promotion eligibility and post-graduate training, with graduates pursuing careers in risk, change; operations; quality; safety; human resources; planning; and system design.
Click Here for further information on modules/subject.
Study Managing Risk and System Change
This short video introduces the Fully Online Postgraduate Certificate /Diploma. /M.Sc. in Managing Risk and System Change.
Number of Places10 Places
Assistant Professor Siobhán Corrigan
31st July 2023
- Applicants will normally be required to hold an Honours degree (II.1)** or equivalent and have at least 3 to 4 years appropriate professional experience.
- Applicants will also have to be in (or have access) to an employment setting that facilitates the applicant to be able to satisfy the applied research aspect of the course.
- **Note: In exceptional circumstances, the course director shall make appropriate recommendations to the Dean of Graduate Studies for candidates who do not fully meet the above criteria but make a reasonable case for admissions otherwise i.e. based on their work experience. An applicant may be asked to provide written samples in support of academic writing ability or be set a piece of academic writing to complete.
- Students whose first language is not English will need a recognised English language qualification in line with the requirements as laid down in Postgraduate Calendar Part 3 Section 1.5 Language of Instruction.
- Applicants may also be asked to take part in a short interview (in person or via phone/skype) as part of the assessment process.
- References: students are requested to submit the names of two referees on their application form. In the first instance our preference is for one academic and one professional reference. We do however have discretion to accept either two academic or two professional references. Note: the referees listed on the application are automatically emailed a secure link to complete and upload the reference. Any difficulties in relation to references should be brought to the attention of the course administrator.
Click here for a full list of postgraduate fees.
To apply, click on the relevant Apply Link below
Get in Touch
00353 1 8962605
Register Your Interest
Register your interest in postgraduate study at Trinity College Dublin, the University of Dublin.
As Ireland’s leading university, we offer a wide range of postgraduate programmes at masters, diploma and certificate level.
Trinity is an international university steeped in history, with a reputation for excellence in education, research and innovation.