Course / subject help
Specialist Academic Support
Dr. Alison Doyle is working in Trinity for 14 hours per week to provide specialist academic support on a one to one basis. The academic supports include but are not limited to:
- Creating bespoke study and exam timetables
- Teaching specific skills (essay structure, revision techniques, referencing, thesis)
- Strategies for reading academic journals and texts
- Using online technology to improve writing
- Organising Blackboard calendars and managing assignment deadlines
- Transition support for students with Asperger’s Syndrome
Referral for this support is via your Disability Officer.
ASKDS Disability Service Supports on Blackboard Learn
ASKDS Inclusive Learning & Technology support service have a repository of useful guides in the Blackboard module ASKDS Disability Service Supports, which include tips and strategies for essay planning and essay structure. Specialist Academic Support can be provided to individual students and referral for this support is arranged via your Disability Officer. For more information and resources enrol in the ASKDS Blackboard module:
- Log on to your mymodule.tcd.ie.
- Click on ‘Module Search’.
- Type 'Disability Service Supports’ in the ‘Module Search’ box and click ‘Go’.
- If more than one module appears, click on the drop-down arrow beside ‘ASKDS’ under the ‘MODULE ID’ field.
- Click on 'Enrol'.
- Click on 'Submit'.
Best of the Web
We are constantly reviewing the world wide web to source the very best available resources, saving you valuable study time:
Cite this for me
Automatically create website citations in the APA, MLA, Chicago, or Harvard referencing styles at the click of a button. by clicking this link.
A visual guide to essay writing
If you’re a visual thinker, you can get quite frustrated in an educational system that marks not your understanding as such, but your ability to express it in a linear chain of reasoning with all the links spelt out. To make this linear way of thinking easier to grasp please view the online guide to writing an essay as a visual learner by clicking this link.
Free iTunes podcasts from the Open University to download 'Start Writing Essays': Start writing essays podcast
The Academic Phrase bank
The general resource is for academic writers. It aims to provide you with examples of some phrases for use in essays. The phrases can be used simply to assist you in thinking about your writing, or they can be used in your own work where this is appropriate: www.phrasebank.manchester.ac.uk
The Assignment Calculator
This great free tool allows faculty and students to set agreed timelines and set clear date goals for completion of project or group work - click here to access this resource
These free are your way to success! With them, you will compose better documents without stress. the most effective writing and editing instruments to improve their texts. Use our free tools and finish your college tasks easier, make your documents unique without errors, and get a clue about successful academic formatting - click here to access this resource
Best of the rest
- Maths and stats tutorials podcasts: http://www.mathcentre.co.uk/students/courses
- Assignment Calculator: Type in the date an assignment must be submitted, and it calculates the tasks you need to do each day leading up to the submission date. Try it!: http://www.kent.ac.uk/uelt/ai/ask/index.php
- Memory Tool: Having trouble memorizing stuff for exams? Watch this video: http://www.dystalk.com/talks/23-ed-cooke-and-some-nifty-memory-tricks
- 2000+ maths lessons with online exercises: http://www.khanacademy.org/#browse
- MS Excel Support: Having trouble in understanding Excel, try these free Excel tutorials.
- Irish language Proofing Tools - Irish language--Proofing software - Irish language Proofing Tools available for Microsoft Office and also Language Packs that change the language of the user interface and menus.