Managing my Environments
Trinity is made up of various different environments such as lectures halls, common areas, shops, and restaurants. As Trinity is based in the middle of the city, the world outside the college walls can also be very busy.
OTs in the service, are trained and skilled in supporting students to manage the sensory aspects of being in college, and in helping students to learn new ways to manage and deal with the environments that they engage in.
This may include:
- Assessment using the Adult Adolescent Sensory Profile
- The development of Self-Management strategies based upon this assessment
- Managing accommodation
- Setting up a study environment
- The use of the respite room as a quiet space in college
- Environmental accommodations for exams (e.g. low distraction venues)