Programme handbooks provide a vital source of information for current students and staff. They are also useful to others, including perspective students, guidance counsellors, and your subject librarian. Thus, it is important to ensure that all handbooks are created to a high standard.
Guidelines for inclusive handbook creation:
- Follow the College Accessible Information Policy
- Update handbooks annually to ensure accuracy. If you have a print version and online, ensure both are updated.
- Include referencing guidelines within the handbook.
Ensure handbooks include:
- An outline of the structure and content for each year of the programme.
- Clear details of assessment and examination arrangements, including marking conventions and grade descriptors, for each year of the course.
- Offer handbooks in printed format and electronically if possible.
- Ensure hard copies and online copies are identical.
- Circulate handbooks to research students as well as taught.