Microsoft 365 is the primary office suite made available through the college to all students. It contains all the Office apps you are familiar with: Word, PowerPoint, Excel and OneNote, but also contains many accessibility tools such as Dictate, Immersive Reader, and Editor.
- Browse to office.tcd.ie.
- Sign in with you Trinity account email (ending in @tcd.ie) if you are not already.
- You should see the Office applications listed at the left side of the page.
You can also download Office 365 apps for your mobile device by clicking or scanning the QR code.
Read&Write is a screen reader for Windows and Mac OSX with numerous features: spell checking, text to speech, speech to text, autocomplete, and much more.
This software is available for students registered with the Disability Service. Just follow the video instructions below, if you have any issues or queries, please contact Andrew Costello at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Visit: https://text.help/gethome in your browser:
- Scroll down untill you see
- Click on Try Read&Write today.
- Now select your platform and click Install:
- For Windows, select - a file will download.
- After installing, the app will ask you to log in. Use your college provided Google account with email ending in @tcd.ie
You can also download the Read&Write app for your tablet by tapping or scanning the QR code.
Glean is a Chrome based web application that takes audio recordings and live captions them. It also allows you to take notes alongside your recordings.
A 30-day free trial available from the glean website by clicking on this link.
If you would like to continue to use the software after this period just contact your disability officer.
You can also download the mobile app by clicking or scanning the QR code.
Caption.Ed similarly to Glean enables you to live caption audio recordings and take notes alongside them.
You will need a Caption.Ed account with a license for the service to work.
- To obtain a license from the Disability Service contact your disability officer.
- You should then receive an email invite asking you to setup your Caption.Ed account password.
- Once that's done, log into to your Caption.Ed account.
- You should then see the web interface which will list all your previous recordings as well as to download the desktop apps and browser extensions for live recording and captioning.
You can download the mobile app for Android or iOS by clicking or scanning the QR code with your device.