Medical and health supports and advice

College Health Centre

Referral for Ongoing ADHD Treatment and Management

* Important Notice* Applications must be received by the 1st of October.

The College Health Service offers a new clinical care pathway for students who have been diagnosed with ADHD. This pathway will dovetail with the recently launched National Clinical Programme Model of Care for Adults with ADHD, by the Health Service Executive.

If you have an established diagnosis of ADHD from a Clinical Psychiatrist you may be eligible for referral to the College Psychiatrist for ongoing treatment and management.

Please carefully read the information booklet available here (link to before completing the form enclosed in it.  International students are advised to read information on access to medication from the College Health Centre by clicking here (link to

International Students

Research the medication regulations of the country you are traveling to: Each country has its own regulations on medications, and some medications that are legal in your home country may not be licensed or allowed in the country you are traveling to, therefore, it is important to research the medication regulations of your destination country in advance.

Check with your doctor or pharmacist: Before traveling to a new country, it is recommended that you consult with your doctor or pharmacist to discuss any medications you are taking and whether they are licensed in the destination country. Your doctor or pharmacist can advise you on how to manage your medications while abroad, including obtaining new prescriptions if necessary.

Carry a copy of your prescriptions: When traveling with medications, it is important to carry a copy of your prescriptions in case you need to refill your medications or if you are questioned by customs or immigration officials.

Consider alternative medications: If a medication you are taking is not licensed in the country you are traveling to, you may need to consider alternative medications that are licensed in that country. Your doctor or pharmacist can help you identify suitable alternatives.