Information for Teaching & Professional Staff
This Information for Teaching and Professional Staff section is intended as a resource to help staff to understand their role and responsibilities towards students with disabilities. Willingness among staff to accommodate and support students by following inclusive practices makes a significant difference to their experience of higher education.
The Information for Teaching and Professional Staff section includes:
- Information on how to accommodate the specific disabilities types that students may have.
- Information on implementing reasonable accommodations for students in schools.
- Guidance for School staff on accessing LENS in SITS.
- Information about the role of the Disability Liaison Officer (DLO) and a list of DLOs for Schools.
- Information on The Trinity Inclusive Curriculum guidelines.
Further Useful Information:
- By clicking on this link here you can read the DS Annual Report which contains student statistics, the breakdown of disability types in Trinity, and further information about DS activities.
- Click on this link to read Trinity College Equality Policy which outlines Trinity College Dublin’s commitment to promoting equality in all aspects of Trinity’s activity: employment, education, and support provision.
- The Code of Practice- College Calendar Part I General Regulations contains information on the Trinity’s policy of equal opportunity in education.
- Trinity Inclusive Curriculum Guidelines outlines clear and concise guidelines on how to enhance the inclusivity of your teaching practices.