IT Services Teaching and Learning - Software Requests
Applications for new requests are now closed
The deadline for submitting software requests was the 9th June 2023.
Software requests for the academic year 24/25 will open in May/June 2024.
What software can be requested
Requests should include:
- all software that you will need for purposes of teaching and learning
- all software to be installed on computers in IT Services supported lecture theatres, seminar rooms, and computer rooms across campus
- all software that you require to be installed on a student's personal computer for purposes of academic work.
Important notes regarding the current availability of software
- MyTrinityApps provides access to a majority of the most popular academic software for use on computers for use on computers from campus or from home. Visit our website for MyTrinityApps service information
- MyTrinityApps also includes a software download facility for SPSS products and ArcGIS, NVIVO, as well as online versions of MATLAB, Mathematica, and ArcGIS Online.
- Microsoft Office is already installed as default and will be available on all computers and through internet browsers.
- ERSI is retiring ArcGIS Desktop (ArcMap) and so it will no longer be available in Trinity computer rooms (see Top 5 tips for migrating away from ArcMap to ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Pro).
- ArcGIS Pro will now be available via MyTrinityApps
- No unlicensed software, trial, or beta software will be installed on Trinity computer room computers.
- IT Services can assist you if you are unclear on how to provide software for your students. Please submit a request before Software Request deadline (9th June) to the IT Service Desk (email@example.com) with Software Request Assistance Needed in your subject line.