How to connect other supported devices to the Student Wi-Fi network
The Student Wi-Fi network will provide you with fast, secure internet access.
Those using the service are assumed to have read and agreed to the terms and conditions of the service.
In order to successfully follow the steps below, you must be in an area of Trinity with Wi-Fi coverage.
- View the available Wi-Fi networks on your device:
- Linux: Open the Wireless management utility
- Chrome OS: Click the Wi-Fi symbol in the upper right corner
- Kindle: Select the main menu (three lines) and then Settings, then select Wi-Fi Networks
- Select TCDwifi from the list of available Wi-Fi networks.
- Enter the short version of your Trinity username (e.g. 'jbloggs' and not 'firstname.lastname@example.org') and your network login password
- If asked for Wireless security or Security Type choose WPA2 Enterprise
- If asked for Encryption type choose AES
- If asked for Authentication or EAP Method choose Protected EAP (PEAP)
- If asked for CA Certificate choose Do not validate or No certificate is required
- If asked for Inner authentication or Phase-2 authentication choose MSCHAPV2
- Click Connect