Guest Wi-Fi service - Terms and Conditions
You are about to access the Internet through a wireless network service operated by Trinity College Dublin. The use of the Service shall be governed by the wireless Guest network terms and conditions contained herein ("the Agreement"). You may only use this Service if you expressly agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this Agreement each time you access the Service. Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing the Service. Clicking on 'I Accept the Terms and Conditions Below' above is taken as acceptance of the terms and conditions of the Agreement.
The terms and conditions of this Agreement govern and affect only your use of the wireless Guest Internet connection and are not intended to and do not affect in any way other transactions you may have with Trinity College Dublin.
Service Access and Availability
This Service is provided solely for use by approved guests of Trinity College Dublin. Approved guests are defined as those who have been officially given a valid username and password for use on this system by an authorised Trinity College Staff member.
Unauthorised use of this service is strictly prohibited. Individuals who have not been provided with a valid username and password for use on this system should discontinue all attempts to use the service.
Usernames and passwords are assigned solely for use by the individual to whom they are assigned. Users will be held accountable for all activities carried out using the username and password assigned to them. Users must not allow their username and password to be used by any other individual or group.
Service is only available at designated campus locations; service coverage, speeds and quality may vary. Service is subject to unavailability, including emergencies, transmission, equipment or network problems or limitations, interference, lack of signal strength, and maintenance and repair.
The guest wireless network service does not deliver full Internet access and is designed to provide a limited service suite to College guests only.
Access to the Service is completely at the discretion of Trinity College Dublin, and your access to the Service may be blocked, suspended, or terminated at any time. Trinity College Dublin shall not be liable for any damages, losses, cost or expenses caused by or arising out of termination of the Service.
Use of the Service
Users of the service agree to be bound by the Trinity College Dublin College IT and Network Code of Conduct and all College IT Security Policies and agree not to use the Service for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by this Agreement, including but not limited to;
- Use of the Service in a manner which will interfere materially with the continued operation of the Service;
- Use of the Service in any manner that infringes another's copyrights, patents, trademarks, or intellectual property rights;
- Use of the Service to engage in libel, defamation, harassment, , intentional misrepresentation or fraud, or publication of private information;
- Introducing viruses, trojan horses, worms, or any other computer programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information;
- Using the Service to gain illegal or unauthorised access to other computers or networks;
- Attempting to intercept, collect or store data about third parties without their knowledge or consent;
- Sending unsolicited messages, "spam", or "junk mail";
- Extension of the service to provide service by proxy or other means to other computers/users.
Trinity College Dublin reserves the right to monitor the use of the Service to ensure compliance with this Agreement or applicable law. Trinity College Dublin reserves the right to monitor transmissions and to collect and use personally identifiable information to assist in provisioning of service and to monitor network health and performance and otherwise solve problems associated with the Service.
Limitation of Liability
Users of the Trinity College Guest network use the service at their own risk.
Trinity College Dublin shall not be liable for any damages arising from use of the Service, including but not limited to:
- loss of privacy or security damages
- personal injury or property damages;
- Any damages whatsoever resulting from interruption or failure of service;
- loss of data;
- loss due to unauthorized access due to viruses or other harmful components;
- the interception of loss of any data or transmission;
Losses resulting from any goods or services purchased or messages or data received or transaction entered into through the Service;
Privacy and Security
Users are advised that wireless internet connections such as provided by this Service are not secure. Communications may be intercepted by others. It is the user's responsibility to install and deploy any additional technological tools that they may deem necessary to protect sensitive communications/data.
Security of service user's computers or other networked device is the responsibility of the user. Trinity College Dublin recommends the installation of anti-virus software or personal firewall technology to protect the device from unauthorised access or damage.