Mailing lists - Who can can email College student lists?
The information below is applicable to the following types of College student mailing lists:
Emailing all students
- To send an email to all undergraduates contact the Senior Lecturer for permission
- To send an email to all postgraduates contact the Dean for Graduate Studies for permission
Who can email these lists?
- List Members - members of a list can email that list
- Staff - College staff can email course lists, discipline lists and module lists
- Class Reps - class representatives are permitted to mail their classes and should any class reps experience difficulty in using appropriate lists they should contact the IT Service Desk. Class reps can also email the student course mailing lists, but not the route, discipline, module, subject or tutor lists. (Often classes consist of students taking different courses hence access to multiple course lists is required).
Note that emails sent to College lists must be sent from an @tcd.ie account with the relevant permissions, as outlined below. The internal College email lists are for the exclusive use of registered College staff and students. Abuse of these lists constitutes a breach of the College Code of Conduct relating to use of computing facilities.
Class representatives are permitted to mail their classes. Should any class reps experience difficulty in using appropriate lists they should contact the IT Service Desk.
Note that if your status in College has changed, for example if you have moved from being a postgraduate to being a member of staff, ensure you are using the correct email address as the lists of which you are a member will change accordingly.