Application and operating system support links
Application and Operating System Support
Listed below are some of the most widely used applications used in College and supported by IT Services.
Support is available via the IT Service Desk in the use of Microsoft 365 applications - Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
Training courses are also available in Dreamweaver for maintaining College websites and Photoshop for image manipulation. Customised training courses are available in some of these applications to meet the particular requirements of Trinity staff and students.
- Microsoft Windows - IT Services Support Statement
- Microsoft 365 - IT Services support statement
- Apple macOS - IT Services support statement
- Staff Email - Outlook
- Student Email - MyZone
- Web Browsing - Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari
- Web Publishing - Dreamweaver
- Image Editing - Photoshop
- FTP- FileZilla, SSH Secure Shell
- Anti Virus
- Lecture Capture - Panopto
Selected Operating System and Data Management Tasks
Below are a list of various tasks you may need to carry out when using a computer connected to the College network:
- Get Your IP Address
- Get Your Computer Name
- Get Your Network Card’s Ethernet/MAC Address
- Check Which Operating System You are Using
- Transfer Data Between Two Computers
- Set the Windows Local Administrator Password
- Manage the Windows Administrators Group
- Filename Etiquette and Guidelines
Irish Language Scheme Notes
- Irish Language proofing tools for Microsoft 365 are installed and configured for all standard imaged PCs purchased from DELL
- See our information on Irish Language Proofing Tools
- Microsoft 365 applications have the option to change the interface to Irish if required. Support from the IT Service Desk in this regards is limited.
- Language packs are available to download from Microsoft