Data Protection Training Module
The module will take approximately 45 minutes and includes a short assessment which staff must pass in order to successfully complete the training. The pass mark for the module is set at 80/100.
On completion of the module staff should have an understanding of:
- What is considered as personal data and processing of personal data
- The context and importance of privacy and data protection
- Data protection legislation and key relevant terms and principles
- Technical and organisational security measures that are required when processing personal data, including using email and sharing data with colleagues at Trinity College Dublin
- The concepts of Data Protection by Design and by Default
- What needs to be done in the event of a data breach
- Individuals’ rights under the legislation
- Relevant Trinity College Dublin systems and solutions and where to go for data protection and IT security guidance and support
How to access the training
Enrol on the Data Protection training module
You need to self-enrol on this module, follow the instructions or the video below to enrol.
- Log onto Blackboard http://mymodule.tcd.ie with your Trinity username and password.
- Copy this link https://tcd.blackboard.com/webapps/blackboard/execute/courseMain?course_id=_44388_1 and paste it into your browser’s address bar.
- Click on the “Enrol” button on the left-hand side of the page.
- Click on the “Submit” button on the right-hand side of the page.
- You will be enrolled on the training module once you click the 'OK' button on the bottom-right of the 'Self-Enrolment' page.
Data Protection training module
Click on the ‘Data Protection Training’ link at the left-hand side of the screen to take the training.
I am a new staff member, how do I access Blackboard?
A. To access Blackboard, you use your Trinity computer account username and password to login at http://mymodule.tcd.ie. Note that it can take up to 48 hours after registering with HR before you can gain access to Blackboard.
Staff who are entitled to use the IT services in Trinity will be provided with a Trinity computer account username and an initial password after they have been registered by HR. You can also obtain these details by calling into the IT Service Desk and presenting your Trinity ID card. If HR and/or IT Services cannot provide you with a username and password then your School Office may need to contact HR to ensure you have been setup with the appropriate HR pay scale or visitor code, to make sure you are entitled to a Trinity computer account.
I cannot login to mymodule.tcd.ie – what should I do?
First check if you can access other Trinity College websites, such as http://elib.tcd.ie, using the same Trinity username and password as you are using to login to http://mymodule.tcd.ie. If you cannot access other Trinity services then you will need to reset your password as follows:
- Students - go to our webpage for information on changing your password or call in person to the IT Service Desk.
- Staff - You can reset your password with the Microsoft 365 self-service password reset tool or call in person to the IT Service Desk.
I can login to Blackboard but cannot see this module - what can I do?
Staff - Please ensure that you have carefully followed the instructions, outlined above, for enrolling into this module. If you are still experiencing difficulties enrolling then please contact the IT Service Desk.
How can I see my mark after I have finished the module/prove I have completed the module?
You can click on "Access Your Result" on the left-hand navigation menu to see your result. You will be able to see the score you achieved and the time when you completed the quiz. This will prove you have completed the module. Please take a screenshot of the page or print the page if you require proof.