How to connect Android devices to Student Wi-Fi network
The Student Wi-Fi network will provide you with fast, secure internet access.
Those using the service are assumed to have read and agreed to the terms and conditions of the service.
In order to successfully follow the steps below, you must be in an area of Trinity with Wi-Fi coverage.
The exact steps may vary slightly depending on Android version and device.
For security, you are required to have a screen lock such as a passcode, Touch ID or Face ID set on your device. This helps to protect both your device and the Student Wi-Fi network, in case of theft or accidental loss of the device.
- Choose the Settings icon and under the wireless and networks section choose Wi-Fi.
- Choose TCDwifi from the list of available networks.
- For Identity enter your College username e.g jbloggs and not firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If prompted for Phase-2 authentication, choose 'MSCHAPV2'
- If prompted for CA Certificate, choose 'Do not validate' or 'Trust on first use'
- If 'Do not validate' or 'Trust on first use' are not available options, refer to our webpage on 'How to set up the Wi-Fi security certificate on relevant Android phones'.
- For Password enter your network login password.
- Click Save.
- After a short period of time you will see under Wi-Fi in the Settings app that you are connected to the registration TCDwifi student network. Note that to see this you must be in range of a TCDwifi hotspot.