Careers in Quantum Science and Technology
Graduates of the MSc in Quantum Science and Technology programme are eligible to work in the following roles within the quantum industry:
- Quantum Algorithm Scientist
- Quantum Computing Researcher
- Quantum Research Scientist or Engineer
- Quantum Hardware or Software Engineer
- Related sectors such as data science, machine learning or computer programming
- As an entrepreneur within the quantum technology sector
Graduates are also welcome to pursue further studies in quantum science and technology, either within the School of Physics, or with one of the many quantum research groups around the globe.
Upon completion of this MSc, graduates will have a wide range of highly transferable skills which are valued by employers across many sectors of industry. These include communication skills, scientific skills, analytical skills, IT, organisational skills and critical thinking. Transferable skills gained during M.Sc. opens up perspectives to other industries which are not directly related to the degree leaving students with a wide choice of potential career opportunities.
Immediate Right to Work in Ireland
Under the Third Level Graduate Scheme the Irish Government allows both EU and non-EU/EEA students obtaining a MSc in Energy Science 24 months to seek employment in Ireland. See more on the Stamp 1G scheme here.