Collaborations with Beijing Institute of Technology
One of the main topics in this collaboration is the magnetic and transport properties of thin films. This research builds on the experience within the APRG of working with epitaxially deposited magnetic materials, particularly magnetite (Fe3O4), and their subsequent characterisation.
Some recent work includes the investigation of charge-orbital coupling in magnetite layers which are separated by an insulator layer. The influence of this ordering on the interlayer exchange coupling was studied.
Angular dependent transversal magneto-resistance (MR) measurements were carried out for epitaxial Fe3O4 and Fe3O4/NiO exchange biased systems. The results indicated an important role played by electron scattering at anti-phase boundaries (APBs).
We also looked at Mn2Au/Fe bilayers. It was experimentally found that the Mn2Au in these AFM/FM bilayer structures possessed a much lower critical temperature compared to bulk Mn2Au, and this was bolstered by first-principle calculations.
ZnO is another material which has been investigated as part of this collaboration. The exciton spectra evolution of bent Zno wires was measured using high spatial/energy resolution cathodeluminescence spectroscopy at 5.5 K.
- Title:Strain induced exciton fine-structure splitting and shift in bent ZnO microwires
- Authors:Zhi-Min Liao, Han-Chun Wu, Qiang Fu, Xuewen Fu, Xinli Zhu, Jun Xu, I.V. Shvets, Zhuhua Zhang, Wanlin Guo, Yamin Leprince-Wang, Qing Zhao, Xiaosong Wu & Da-Peng Yu
- Source:Scientific Reports 2, 452 ( 2012)
- Title:Large Magnetoresistance in Graphene Stack with Current Perpendicular to Plane Geometry
- Authors:Zhi-Min Liao, Han-Chun Wu, S. Kumar, G. S. Duesberg, G.L.W. Cross, I. V. Shvets, and Da-Peng Yu
- Source:Advanced Materials 24, 1862 (2012)
- Title: Magnetization States of All-Oxide Spin Valves Controlled by Charge-orbital Ordering of Coupled Ferromagnets
- Authors:Han-Chun Wu, Oleg N. Mryasov, Mohamed Abid, Kevin Radican, and Igor V. Shvets
- Source:Scientific Reports 3, 1830 (2013)
- Title: Mn2Au: body centred tetragonal bimetallic antiferromagnet grown by molecular beam epitaxy
- Authors:Han-Chun Wu, Zhi-Min Liao, R.G.S. Sofin, Gen Feng, Xiu-Mei Ma, Alexander B. Shick, Oleg N. Mryasov, and Igor V. Shvets
- Source:Advanced Materials 24, 6374 (2012)
- Title: Ultraviolet irradiation controlled memory effect in graphene field effect transistors
- Authors:Jie Meng, Han-Chun Wu, Jing-Jing Chen, Ya-Qing Bie, Igor V. Shvets, Da-Peng Yu, and Zhi-Min Liao
- Source:Small 9, 2240 (2013)
- Title: Bias dependence of transverse magneto-resistance in epitaxial Fe3O4 and Fe3O4/NiO exchange biased system
- Authors:Han-Chun Wu, R. Ramos, R. G. S. Sofin, Zhi-Min Liao, M. Abid, and I. V. Shvets
- Source:Applied Physics Letters 101, 052402 (2012)
- Title: Surface Plasmon on Topological Insulator Bi2Te3 Thin Flake/Dielectric Interface Enhanced ZnO Ultraviolet Photoluminescence
- Authors:Zhi-Min Liao, Bing-Hong Han, Han-Chun Wu, L. V. Yashina, Yuan Yan, Yang-Bo Zhou, Ya-Qing Bie, S. I. Bozhko, K. Fleischer, I. V. Shvets, Qing Zhao, and Da-Peng Yu
- Source:AIP Advances 2, 022105 (2012)