Frequently Asked Questions
Below is a list of common questions associated with the service.
To log in to the Trinity Web Systems portal, please visit the main Trinity Web Systems page.
Q. What is the Trinity Web Systems site?
A. The Trinity Web Systems site allows online access to the Web Asset Register, Research Support System (RSS) and the Data Warehouse.
Q. How do I access the Trinity Web Systems site?
A. The Trinity Web Systems site is located at www.tcd.ie/itservices/websystems. Before logging in for the first-time, new users must Register. Once registered, you only have to click Login. Registration and subsequent logon requires a valid Trinity username and network login password for the COLLEGE domain.
Q. Who can access the Trinity Web Systems site?
A. The Trinity Web Systems can be accessed by any registered Trinity staff or student. Please note that once logged in to the Trinity Web Systems, actions are recorded and may be audited.
Q. Can I access the Trinity Web Systems site from off campus?
A. Yes, the Trinity Web Systems can be accessed from any device with internet access by registered Trinity users. To login or register on the Local Web Portal from off-campus (and without a VPN connection) you will be prompted to login via the Microsoft login page and then subsequently via the Local Portal login.
Q. What services does the Trinity Web Systems site provide?
A. The Trinity Web Systems allows online access to:
- Web Asset Register
- Register of all Trinity assets worth over €1000. For more information visit https://www.tcd.ie/financial-services/services/
- Research Support System (RSS)
- This is the central system for information on Researchers and their publications. It allows you to record your publications and maintain your CV and it links seamlessly to an Institutional Repository which can hold the full text of your publications in a manner searchable from the public Web.
- Please note, a new user interface has been developed for the Research Support System, which is available at https://rss.tcd.ie . Explicit registration is not required to access this web application. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any enquiries
- Data Warehouse
- The Data Warehouse allows queries on staff members and displays publicly available information on them.
Please note that IT Services has no jurisdiction to add/amend access entitlements to Trinity Web Systems applications.
Q. I can’t login to the Trinity Web Systems
A. Confirm that you have registered for Trinity Web Systems using your Trinity username and network login password. If not, then register via the 'Register' button on the main Trinity Web Systems login page.
If you still cannot gain access after registering then make sure you are using the correct username and password i.e. the username for the COLLEGE domain and the network login password for the COLLEGE domain - not the Computer Science domain or any other domain.
If you have confirmed the username and password are correct and still cannot gain access your account may have become 'locked out' due to too many unsuccessful attempts to enter your password. In this case you can unlock your account using the Microsoft 365 self-service password reset tool, or you can wait 4 hours for the account to unlock itself, or you can call in person to the IT Service Desk.
Q. I can login but I can't access the web systems I need?
A. If you have recently changed department or role, the access entitlements accorded to the new role may not yet have been fully processed by Human Resources. In addition, once processed it generally takes another day for your Trinity Web Systems access permissions to become available.
If you still have need of assistance, contact the IT Service Desk.