Postgraduate Study Desks
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the need to implement social distancing measures, only a small amount of Postgraduate Study Desks will be available for the 2021-22 Academic Year - approximately one-third of previous years' allowances.
Current Postgraduate Study Desk holders should return their keys to us as soon as possible, either in person to the Berkeley or Hamilton Service Counters, or by post to:
Iris Bedford, Postgraduate Study Desks, c/o Berkeley Library, Library of Trinity College Dublin, Dublin 2
Mary Caffrey, Postgraduate Study Desks, c/o Hamilton Library, Library of Trinity College Dublin, Dublin 2
...as appropriate. Please include a note with your name, student ID number, and the Postgraduate Study Desk number.
If the situation changes we will update this page accordingly.
- Postgraduate Study Desks are allocated to registered Masters and Doctoral students at the beginning of the academic year for the remainder of that year
- Desks are available in the Berkeley, Lecky, Ussher and Hamilton Libraries - we aim to locate the reader close to their subject collection if possible
- Prior to the end of October, desks will be allocated to research students only (i.e. not to taught postgraduate students)
- From November, any remaining desks will be allocated to taught postgraduate students
Lockers are provided with every Postgraduate Study Desk for personal items only, not for storage of Library books or journals. Locker keys must be returned by the assigned due date (check your Library account for details). Lost keys or keys that are not returned by the assigned due date incur the following charges:
- Keys not returned by the due date: €50
- Replacement of lost keys: €25
Please inform the appropriate Library staff member (see below) in writing or by e-mail if:
- You no longer require your carrel
- You are no longer a registered student at Trinity College Dublin
- Your address changes