Telephone: +353 1 8961654
Request Forms for Trinity College Dublin Staff and Students
- This service is only available to currently registered staff and students
- Students pay €8 for each standard request
- Staff pay €10 for photocopies and €12 for loans
- The Library reserves the right to increase charges for non-standard requests
- An e-mail is sent when an item is available for collection
- Items must be collected from the Admissions Counter, Berkeley Library during its opening hours
- Uncollected material will incur the standard charge
Photocopies are usually received within 24 hours.
Items requested from another library are usually available within two weeks of ordering, but it may take longer if the item is not immediately available from the first location contacted.
Loan periods vary depending on the lending library.
Books received on Inter-Library Loan may be borrowed by current staff and postgraduates unless the lending library indicates otherwise. Loans received for undergraduates and retired staff may not be removed from the Library of Trinity College Dublin.
Photocopies of individual chapters may also be requested.
Many theses are now available electronically. More information on obtaining theses is available.
If not available electronically you can place a request for an Inter-Library Loan.
Information for Other Irish, UK & Overseas Libraries
Loans and photocopies of items held by the Library of Trinity College Dublin can be supplied from our collections. We welcome requests from libraries within Ireland, the UK and overseas.
Loans will usually be supplied for 28 days, for use in the requesting library only.
Apply via WorldCat Resource Sharing (preferred) or via email@example.com (quoting a BL account number and request reference number if inside Ireland or the United Kingdom).
We also accept IFLA vouchers as payment.
The Library of Trinity College Dublin does not lend:
- Audiovisual material
- Items held in Early Printed Books and Special Collections
- Items published within the last five years
- Unsuitably bound items
Theses may be supplied on loan to libraries within Ireland or the United Kingdom only.
Quotes for the digitisation of our theses can be supplied for requests from overseas.