Telephone: +353 1 8961654
For Trinity College Dublin Staff and Students
- This service is only available to currently-registered staff and students
- Students pay €8 for each standard request
- Staff pay €10 for photocopies and €12 for loans
- The Library reserves the right to increase charges for non-standard requests
- An e-mail is sent when an item is available for collection
- Items must be collected from the Admissions Counter, Berkeley Library (PDF 101KB) during its opening hours
- Uncollected material will incur the standard charge
Photocopies of articles in journals may be requested by filling in an ORANGE Inter-Library Loan form, available from the Duty Librarian's Desk or any Service Counter. The declaration on the reverse must be signed before a request can be processed.
Photocopies are usually received within 24 hours.
Loans of books may be requested by filling in a YELLOW Inter-Library Loan form, available from the Duty Librarian's Desk or any Service Counter.
Items requested from another library are usually available within one week of ordering, but it may take longer if the item is not immediately available from the first location contacted.
Loan periods vary depending on the lending library.
Books received on Inter-Library Loan may be borrowed by staff and postgraduates unless the lending library indicates otherwise. Loans received for undergraduates may not be removed from the Library of Trinity College Dublin.
Many theses are now available electronically. More information on obtaining theses is available.
If not available electronically contact email@example.com for advice.
Information for Other Libraries
Loans and photocopies of items held by the Library of Trinity College Dublin can be supplied from our collections. We welcome requests from libraries within Ireland, the UK and overseas.
Loans will usually be supplied for 28 days, for use in the requesting library only.
Apply via WorldCat Resource Sharing (preferred) or via firstname.lastname@example.org (quoting a BL account number and request reference number if inside Ireland or the United Kingdom).
We also accept IFLA vouchers as payment.
The Library of Trinity College Dublin does not lend:
- Audiovisual material
- Items held in Early Printed Books and Special Collections
- Items published within the last five years
- Unsuitably bound items
Theses may be supplied on loan to libraries within Ireland or the United Kingdom only.
Quotes for the digitisation of our theses can be supplied for requests from overseas.