Guide to the Catalogues
Early Printed Books & Special Collections
Stella Search works like a search engine. The most relevant results are listed and can then be refined using the word tags and options presented on screen.
- Provides detailed catalogue records for much Early Printed & Special Collections material
- Allows limiting of searches by language, date and to Special Collections material
If unsuccessful in finding an item when limiting a search to Special Collections, please try the search again selecting the cross to the right of Special Collections to clear the limit to that section of material.
There are many bibliographies and catalogues in the Early Printed Books Reading Room.
Manuscripts & Archives
The Manuscripts & Archives Online Catalogue (MARLOC) provides remote access to details of many of our collections. The curatorial staff welcome questions which will enhance the information provided online.
Some significant elements of our collections are not yet covered by this online catalogue, for example the papyri and much of the University archives await inclusion. Published catalogues are available for some elements of the collection; these may be consulted in the Manuscripts & Archives Reading Room.
- T.K. Abbott, Catalogue of the Manuscripts in the Library of Trinity College Dublin (Dublin and London, 1900)
- T.K. Abbott and E.J. Gwynn, Catalogue of the Irish Manuscripts in the Library of Trinity College Dublin (Dublin and London, 1921)
- I. Bcheiry, Catalogue of the Syriac Manuscripts in Trinity College Dublin (Kaslik, 2005)
- M.L. Colker, Trinity College Library Dublin Descriptive Catalogue of the Mediaeval and Renaissance Latin Manuscripts (Aldershot, 1991)
- M.L. Colker, Trinity College Library Dublin Descriptive Catalogue of the Mediaeval and Renaissance Latin Manuscripts. Supplement One (Dublin, 2008)
- M. Engleberts, E. Frost and J. Maxwell, Notes Diverse Holo: Catalogues of Beckett’s Reading Notes and Other Manuscripts at Trinity College Dublin with Supporting Essays (Amsterdam, 2006)
- M. Esposito, "Inventaire des anciens manuscrits Français des Bibliothèque de Dublin" Revue des Bibliothèques 24, 30, 31
- N. Grene, The Synge Manuscripts in the Library of Trinity College Dublin: a Catalogue Prepared on the Occasion of the Synge Centenary Exhibition 1971 (Dublin, 1971)
- E. Hincks, Catalogue of the Egyptian Manuscripts in the Library of Trinity College Dublin (Dublin and London, 1843)
- J. Scattergood, with the assistance of N. Pattwell and E. Williams, Trinity College Library Dublin: A Descriptive Catalogue of Manuscripts Containing Middle English and some Old English (Dublin, 2021)
- J.G. Smyly, "Old Latin deeds in the Library of Trinity College" Hermathena 66, 69, 70, 71, 72, 74 (1945-9)
- J.G. Smyly, "Notes on Greek manuscripts in the Library of Trinity College" Hermathena 23 (1933)
- J.H. Todd, The Book of the Vaudois. The Waldensian Manuscripts Preserved in the Library of Trinity College Dublin (Dublin and London, 1865)
The Digital Collections repository allows you to view and download high quality digitised images of thousands of items from our collections. Guidance on how to search within the repository are included on the Digital Collections website, and our most prominent collections feature as a selection of tiles on the homepage.