From Thursday 17 December 2020
- Undergraduate students may borrow up to 10 items from General Lending
- Postgraduate students and staff may borrow up to 50 items from General Lending
- Books are issued for an initial period of four weeks for undergraduates and 12 weeks for postgraduates and staff, unless the book is required by other readers
- Books may be renewed up to five times by undergraduates and once by postgraduates and staff, unless the book is required by other readers
- Items must be returned to the book-drop or self-service return kiosk of the Library from where they were borrowed. Returns are not currently being accepted at Service Counters
- No prefix, simply the shelfmark (for example, 370.9415 N33;3)
- ARTS (for example, ARTS 309.1415 N36)
- LEN in the BLU Libraries
- HIB in the Ussher Library
- MUS LEN in the Ussher Library
- P-MUS LEN in the Ussher Library
- S-LEN in the Hamilton Library
- SJ in the John Stearne Medical Library
- SJR in the John Stearne Medical Library
Most DVDs are currently General Lending items, and count as part of the General Lending allowance.
These items are in high demand, generally due to being on a reading list or being required for exams; they are located by the Service Counters of the Hamilton and John Stearne Medical Libraries. They may not be removed from the reading rooms of the library in which they are located.
- Undergraduate students may borrow up to 10 items from Short Loan, as part of their 10 "Consultation-Only" allowance
- Postgraduate students and staff may borrow up to 50 items from Short Loan, as part of their 50 "Consultation-Only" allowance
- Items are issued for use until the Library closes
- Items are borrowed for use in the Library only
- Heavy fines for late return
These items are for consultation only and cannot be borrowed by any reader. Some material is available directly from reading rooms, some is in storage.
Items on the shelves with the prefixes REF or BIB, Irish Archival copies, journals (prefixes PER, SER) and theses (prefix THESIS) are always for consultation only.
Early Printed Books and Special Collections
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, requests for items to be read in the combined Early Printed Books and Manuscripts & Archives Reading Room must be made by Library staff on behalf of readers. To request an item in this case, please contact us via e-mail: email@example.com.
Manuscripts and Archives Research Library Collections
These items cannot be borrowed, and may only be consulted in the Manuscripts and Archives Research Library.