Reference Collection: Early Printed Books & Special Collections
The Reference Collection in the Department’s reading room documents all aspects of the history of the book. The Collection includes:
- General works on the history of the book
- General, author, national and subject bibliographies
- History of printing and publishing
- Book collecting and book selling
- Paper and watermarks
- Book illustration
- History of periodicals
- History of Trinity College Dublin
- Catalogues of other libraries
Items with the call number prefix OL are stored on the shelves in the reading room and are available for consultation in the reading room without submitting call slips.
This collection is supplemented by further reference material relating to the history of the book ain storage. Items with the shelfmark prefix OLS are requested on green call slips.
Apart from holding the Reference Collection, the reading room is used for consulting older Library material and special collections from storage.