Overview of GDPR training
The GDPR session will take approximately 35 minutes and includes a short assessment which staff must pass in order to successfully complete the training. The pass mark for this training session is set at 80/100. On completion of the session staff should be able to:
- Describe personal data
- Explain the importance of protecting personal data
- Outline the key principles of GDPR
- Recognise the rights of an individual and explain how to implement them
- Locate where to go for GDPR information and support, for individuals and organisations
How to access the training
Step 1: Enrol on the GDPR training module
You need to self-enrol on this module, follow the instructions below or the video to the side to enrol.
Step 2: Sign-up for the training
- Click the 'Self sign up' link on the left-hand-side of the screen
- Locate the school, department, or faculty where you currently work
- Click the 'Sign up' button
- Confirm by clicking the 'Sign up' button again
Once you have completed the self sign up process, all module content will be displayed for you.
The GDPR training module
Click on the 'Session 1: Overview of the GDPR' link at the left-hand side of the screen to take the training.
Q. I am a new staff member, how do I access Blackboard Learn?
A. To access Blackboard Learn, you use your Trinity computer account username and password to login at http://mymodule.tcd.ie. Note that it can take up to 48 hours after registering with HR before you can gain access to Blackboard Learn.
Staff who are entitled to use the IT services in Trinity will be provided with a Trinity computer account username and an initial password after they have been registered by HR. You can also obtain these details by calling into the IT Service Desk and presenting your Trinity ID card. If HR and/or IT Services cannot provide you with a username and password then your School Office may need to contact HR to ensure you have been setup with the appropriate HR pay scale or visitor code, to make sure you are entitled to a Trinity computer account.
Q. I cannot login to mymodule.tcd.ie – what should I do?
A. First check if you can access other Trinity College websites, such as http://elib.tcd.ie, using the same Trinity username and password as you are using to login to http://mymodule.tcd.ie. If you cannot access other Trinity services then you will need to reset your password as follows:
- Students - If you have registered for the Password Recovery service you can reset your password or call in person to the IT Service Desk.
- Staff - If you have registered for the Password Manager service you can reset your password or call in person to the IT Service Desk.
Q. I can login to Blackboard but cannot see this module - what can I do?
Staff - Please ensure that you have carefully followed the instructions, outlined above, for enrolling into this module. If you are still experiencing difficulties enrolling then please contact the IT Service Desk.
Q. My question is not answered above - who should I contact?
If you need further assistance, please contact the IT Service Desk.