Trinity Business School condemns Vladimir Putin’s Russian invasion of Ukraine
28 Feb 2022
We at the Trinity Business School condemn Vladimir Putin’s Russian invasion of Ukraine which has caused a catastrophic loss of life and human suffering.
We are gravely concerned about the violation of human rights and atrocities unfolding in Ukraine. We call upon all our community and international academic colleagues - especially in Russia as we know so many oppose this invasion - to use their influence to persuade Vladimir Putin to cease military action, for which there is no justification.
We also call on all our community to support the following humanitarian appeals to help the people of Ukraine:
We recognise that this is an incredibly challenging and uncertain time for Ukrainian and Russian students and staff of the Trinity Business School community. We will endeavour to keep in close contact with all our students and staff who are impacted by this crisis.
Sources of Support and help provided by Trinity College Dublin:
- Trinity Global: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your personal tutor (if you are an undergraduate) or the Postgraduate Support Officers (for postgraduate students): Martin McAndrew & Cristina Boccardo: email@example.com
- Student Counselling Service, Ph: 01-896 1407, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org , see https://www.tcd.ie/Student_Counselling/
- Students Unions:
- SU Sabbatical Welfare Officers 2021-22 Bev Genockey or Sierra Mueller-Owens, 01-677 6545/01-646 8437, email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org
- GSU Vice-President email@example.com
- Chaplains – Steve Brunn, firstname.lastname@example.org, Office: 01-896 1402; Julian. Hamilton, Julian.email@example.com , Office:01-896 1901; Alan O’Sullivan,O.P., firstname.lastname@example.org, Office: 01-896 1260; Peter Sexton, S.J. email@example.com, Office:01-896 1260.
- Niteline - A confidential, non-judgmental help-line for students run by students is available during term-time, by telephone (freephone) between 9pm and 2.30am, 7 days a week at 1800 793 793 and also on-line at http://www.niteline.ie/
- Staff may avail of confidential support from the Employee Assistance Programme: Employee Assistance Programme - Human Resources - Trinity College Dublin (tcd.ie)
- Any member of the College community can access support from the 24-hour crisis Text line by texting TCD to 50808 – please note this line is available at 24 hours a day including weekends.
The School will continue to review the situation and extend our wishes for a peaceful resolution to this tragedy.