MSc in Responsible Business & Sustainability
Through a research-driven and impact-oriented approach, this programme enables future business leaders to harness the potential of business for responsible and sustainable value creation.
On successful completion of the course, students should be able to:
- Analyse and evaluate core concepts and theories in the areas of responsible business and sustainability.
- Articulate the nature and scope of the complex challenges facing business in society.
- Appraise practical applications of responsible business and sustainability in an organisational environment on both a strategic and organisational level.
- Integrate and embed ethical, social, economic, ecologic, and political factors within management and governance practices.
- Communicate and work effectively in diverse teams to foster sustainable and responsible business practices.
Students on this programme would be passionate about building a sustainable future for business and society, with diverse academic backgrounds such as business, management, engineering, natural sciences, political science, or humanities. Designed for non-business and business graduates, we value applicants who can demonstrate a clear motivation for their interest in business or have practical experience in the field. We welcome those who aspire to contribute to the evolving landscape of responsible business, leveraging modern operational research and management science techniques.
Programme at a Glance
- Start Date: September 2024
- Duration: 12 months
- Delivery: 8 core taught modules and dissertation project.
- NFQ Level: 9
This programme empowers students to embark on a dynamic career in management or leadership positions with specific responsibilities for corporate social responsibility (CSR), corporate sustainability, environmental social governance (ESG), business and human rights, and climate action. These roles are available in private sector companies (including consulting), civil society organisations & and international public agencies that have a focus in advancing responsible and sustainable business conduct.
Visit our Careers section to find out more to find out more about our dedicated postgraduate Careers Team.