|Duration||8 evenings||8 evenings|
|Schedule||6 pm -9 pm||6 pm -9 pm|
|Dates||6, 9, 13, 16, 20, 23, 27 & 30 Nov 2023||16, 18, 23, 30 April, 7, 14, 28, 30 May 2024|
Certificate for Completion Route (CC) €1850
|Certificate for Completion Route (CC) €1850
Micro-credential application not available
|MC Application Deadline||30 September 2023||N/A|
Develop a deeper insight into how Issues such as sustainable development, climate action, business and human rights, integrated reporting and stakeholder management are taking an increasingly important role for internationally operating businesses. Acquire the knowledge and competencies to advance the ESG performance of your organisation.
- What does the programme offer you?
Practical tools and frameworks to identify and address the key ESG issues relevant to your organisation.
- A deeper knowledge of planetary eco-system boundaries and sustainable development goals (SDGs), as the need to transition to a net-zero carbon economy by 2050 pushes companies to set more ambitious and science-based carbon reduction targets.
- The ability to conduct human rights due diligence and comply with the requirements of the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights.
- Actionable guidance on sustainable corporate governance, including how to manage and engage different stakeholder groups and how to adopt a more sustainable business model.
This programme covers:
- Environment topics including Sustainable Development Goals, climate action, carbon accounting, science-based targets, sustainable business models and “doughnut economics”.
- Social topics including Business and Human Rights
- Governance topics including sustainable corporate governance and stakeholder management.
- Integrated reporting and finance including benchmarking; aligning ESG, the UN SDGs and Guiding Principles; reporting requirements and directives; an overview of major rating agencies, their metrics, methods and shortcomings.
- A company project presentation session incorporating ESG implementation, managing change and transition.
Who is this programme designed for?
- Mid-level and senior executives from across the private, public and third sector seeking to implement environmental, social and governance (ESG) criteria within their organisation.
- Business owners and managers, finance directors, and commercial directors interested in aligning their businesses with regulatory frameworks and customer demands.
- Board members and non-executive directors concerned with the navigation of their organisation in relation to ESG.
- Corporate Affairs officers, sustainability officers and other leaders responsible for the implementation of ESG strategy and frameworks.
- In-house counsel, ESG focused solicitors and other legal practitioners.
Two intakes annually. Delivered online across 8 evenings in November and separately in-person across 4 days in May.
Programme Director: Max Schormair
The micro-credential course targets professional learners from mid and senior levels from the private, public and third sectors and will be open to graduates with a degree (or equivalent) with a strong academic record in any discipline from a recognised third-level institution.
Applicants without a degree are welcome to apply provided they can show a proven managerial track record. All applicants are required to have a minimum of 3 years of professional or managerial work experience (this is in line with entry criteria for other TBS post-experience postgraduate programmes such as the MBA and Executive MBA programmes).
Language requirements for students whose first language is not English are IELTS 6.5 or TOEFL IBT 90 for non-native English speakers.
In case of heavy competition for places or concern regarding a particular applicant’s suitability, applicants may be interviewed.
Participants enrolling in this course have two learning options:
1. Electing to not undertake the assignment and assessment component and receive a Certificate of Completion upon successfully completing the programme
2. Elect to enrol as a Micro-credential participant and undertake the assignment and assessment for the programme and be awarded an Executive Certificate and 5 ECTS (5 credits) which can be stacked towards a future diploma or degree.
Why undertake the programme for credits?
Micro-credentials are short flexible modules that lead to accreditation in the form of ECTS. For further general information about micro-credentials please click .