|November 2023||February 2024|
|Format||In Person||In Person|
|Duration||4 full days||4 full days|
|Dates||1, 2, 15 & 16 November 2023||
1, 2 & 29 February 2024
1 March 2024
|Schedule||9:00 - 17:00||9:00 - 17:00|
|Tuition Fees||Certificate for Completion Route (CC) €1850
Micro – Credential Route (MC) €2000
|Certificate for Completion Route (CC) €1850
|Application Deadline||MC Application deadline: 30 September 2023||Micro – Credential Route -Not available|
Sharpen your financial skills and develop the ability to understand what the numbers are really telling you about your business. Measure financial performance effectively and identify priority areas for improvement.
What does the programme offer you?
A strong grasp of finance language and terminology and enhanced analytical skills.
The ability to explore financial statements and reports to understand how day-to-day decisions and activities impact the financial performance of your business.
Confidence to communicate effectively with accountants and finance managers.
The ability to analyse and improve the performance of your business.
Guidance on how to spot and take advantage of financial opportunities.
Practical tools to investigate the cost - benefit of investments.
Using practical and real-life case studies, this course covers:
- Understanding financial terminology and familiarity with the key figures in financial statements.
- Understanding the impact of day-to-day activities on the financial performance of a business.
- Identifying your key performance metrics and analysing how your business has performed against similar businesses
- A practical toolbox with multiple ways to improve the financial performance of your business.
- Measuring the impact of volume growth on financial performance, margin enhancement and minimising investment in assets.
- Understanding the key factors to consider to make effective investment decisions.
- Identifying relevant cash flows.
- Deriving the hurdle rate for investment decisions.
- Understanding discounted cash flow techniques and using them to evaluate investment decisions.
- The importance of post-evaluation monitoring of investment decisions.
Who is this programme designed for?
The programme is suitable for anyone in charge of a budget seeking to understand and analyse financial reports and forecast future performance.
Four full days in-person
Lecturers: Hilary Hough
Hilary Hough is a certified accountant and chartered director with a wide range of corporate finance, accounting and general management experience. He held a number of senior positions with the Bank of Ireland and since leaving the Bank has provided accounting and financial consultancy and training to senior executives and owner-managers in a range of large and small companies and public sector organisations throughout Europe, Asia, the Middle East and the US.
Why undertake the programme for credits?
Micro-credentials are short flexible modules that lead to accreditation in the form of ECTS. For further general information about micro-credentials please click here.