MSc in Entrepreneurship & Innovation
Ranked 1st in Ireland, 7th in the world (Eduniversal 2022).
This programme is designed to equip students with specialist knowledge and the practical ability to start or support new businesses. With a strong focus on technological and international entrepreneurship, students will learn how to excel in starting new ventures, supporting and financing enterprise or utilising an entrepreneurial mind set and approach in existing enterprises seeking growth.
Designed for those with an entrepreneurial mindset, the programme is unique in addressing ethical behaviour as well as the wellbeing of the entrepreneur amidst the stressful nature of new enterprise development. Students will attain the career skills to better start a new venture, finance new start-ups, support new enterprise development or scale and grow existing businesses.
Programme at a Glance
- Start Date: September 2023
- Duration: 12 months
- Delivery: 10 taught modules. You will be assessed through a mixture of written exams and continuous assessment
- NFQ Level: 9
- Ranked 1st in Ireland and 7th in the World for Entrepreneurship (Eduniversal 2022)
The programme includes interactive lessons, workshops and group projects. Students can also undertake research in the form of a company project instead of the standard dissertation.
Entrepreneurship Programmes in Trinity
LaunchBox is a summer accelerator programme open to teams of Trinity students (undergraduate and postgraduate), with an early-stage business. The programme provides mentorship, funding, access to alumni and investors, and the ideal collaborative environment to launch new start-up ventures.
Open Incubator, weather you simply want to see what's happening in ireland's innovation ecosystem or want to develop a successful startup or social enterprise, this is your place to get started!
Learn more about accelerators at Tangent here.
The Trinity Entrepreneurial Society fosters innovation in Trinity College Dublin and aids students on all stages of their entrepreneurial journey through an array of programmes and events. TES has over 2,000 active members. Here are some features of the society:
- TES Incubator; Trinity’s in-house TES incubator supports start-ups throughout all stages of development, providing an opportunity for financial assistance (up to €10,000), mentorships, workshops and key networking opportunities throughout the entire academic year.
- TES Dragons’ Den; an opportunity for students to gain experience in pitching, presenting, selling and a chance to win a prize fund of €10,000 to aid in their start-up initiative.
- TES Talks; exclusive to members, this is an annual convention where successful Entrepreneurs from around the world visit Trinity to speak to TES members.
- TES Start-up Fair; an annual event where TES members have the opportunity to network, gain business insights and potential career opportunities in exciting new start-ups.
Social Entrepreneurs Ireland support people who have big, new solutions to Ireland’s social and environmental problems. Social Entrepreneurs Ireland provide funding and a wide range of in-depth supports.