MSc in Entrepreneurship & Innovation
Ranked 1st in Ireland, 7th in the world (Eduniversal 2022).
This programme equips learners with relevant mindsets, skillsets, and toolsets to think and act entrepreneurially in a wide variety of contexts. Upon leaving the programme, students will be able to take a leading role in entrepreneurial ventures either within a startup environment or an established organisation. The programme is sensitive to the critical role digital technologies play in all forms of entrepreneurship and the hyperconnectedness of our global economy. Hence, there is a natural emphasis on technological and international entrepreneurship, which is complemented by relevant competencies in areas such as social entrepreneurship, entrepreneurial finance, well-being, and the management of stress, business model innovation, and venture scaling.
Programme at a Glance
- Start Date: September 2024
- Duration: 12 months
- Delivery: 10 taught modules. You will be assessed through a mixture of written exams and continuous assessment
- NFQ Level: 9
- Ranked 1st in Ireland and 7th in the World for Entrepreneurship (Eduniversal 2022
The programme is taught through an eclectic mix of interactive lessons, workshops, design-based projects, and guest lectures by practising entrepreneurs, among others. The teaching staff combines a deep knowledge of the theory and practice of entrepreneurship, with some being practising serial entrepreneurs.
There is flexibility in terms of the final student project, which can take one of the following three forms: a traditional dissertation, a company project, or an action design research project focused on developing the first iteration of a new venture idea.
Entrepreneurship Programmes in Trinity
LaunchBox is a summer accelerator programme open to teams of Trinity students (undergraduate and postgraduate), with an early-stage business. The programme provides mentorship, funding, access to alumni and investors, and the ideal collaborative environment to launch new start-up ventures.
Open Incubator, weather you simply want to see what's happening in ireland's innovation ecosystem or want to develop a successful startup or social enterprise, this is your place to get started!
Learn more about accelerators at Tangent here.
The Trinity Entrepreneurial Society fosters innovation in Trinity College Dublin and aids students on all stages of their entrepreneurial journey through an array of programmes and events. TES has over 2,000 active members. Here are some features of the society:
- TES Incubator; Trinity’s in-house TES incubator supports start-ups throughout all stages of development, providing an opportunity for financial assistance (up to €10,000), mentorships, workshops and key networking opportunities throughout the entire academic year.
- TES Dragons’ Den; an opportunity for students to gain experience in pitching, presenting, selling and a chance to win a prize fund of €10,000 to aid in their start-up initiative.
- TES Talks; exclusive to members, this is an annual convention where successful Entrepreneurs from around the world visit Trinity to speak to TES members.
- TES Start-up Fair; an annual event where TES members have the opportunity to network, gain business insights and potential career opportunities in exciting new start-ups.
Social Entrepreneurs Ireland support people who have big, new solutions to Ireland’s social and environmental problems. Social Entrepreneurs Ireland provide funding and a wide range of in-depth supports.