Postgraduate Students Career Journey
The Careers & Community team is dedicated to supporting our students to explore career options, prepare effectively for their next career move, and to gain the necessary skills required to manage their lifelong career and learning paths.
Specialised in professional and personal development, our team can assist you to identify suitable career paths and provide tailored advice through workshops, one-to-one coaching and psychometric assessments. We also reach out to our portfolio of corporate partners, alumni, subject area specialists, and recruitment consultancies for sector specific workshops, jobs fairs, and networking events. The New York Times ranked Trinity in the top 150 global universities in terms of universities’ employers rated most highly.
Registered postgraduate students will be introduced to their assigned career specialist in Induction. They will be your guide and contact for your academic journey and as a graduate. And as a member of the Trinity Alumni community, graduates have lifelong access to our full range of careers services.
12twenty is the dedicated careers platform for Trinity Business School postgraduate students. Sign in using your TCD credentials to access our appointment booking platform for one-to-one careers consultations, register for employer events and careers classes, connect with alumni, and much more.
Click HERE to sign in to 12twenty.
The Trinity Business School Careers & Community Team offer a variety of workshops and information sessions throughout the academic year for postgraduate students - from optimising your CV or cover letter, to honing your interview skills and developing your personal brand, our team of careers experts can help you every step of the way.
Book an appointment today via 12twenty to meet with your dedicated Careers Consultant for a one-to-one careers consultation.
- Explore your career options, and assess your unique skills and areas of interest
- Review and optimise your CV, cover letters, LinkedIn profile, and others
- Prepare for your upcoming interview with practice questions, mock interview sessions, and more
Did you know? You can book as many one-to-one career meetings as you require, including after graduation!
As a Trinity Business School postgraduate student, you can avail of opportunities throughout the year to meet with employers across a number of industries. Our Careers Fairs are events not to be missed, as we host nationally and internationally renowned companies offering graduate recruitments in September and again in the spring - in addition, the Careers & Community Team host a number of employer talks and networking events designed to help you make valuable connections in your career journey.
As a Trinity Business School postgraduate student, you have free access to a variety of helpful careers resources - if you have any queries about accessing these platforms, drop us a email at email@example.com.
- Upload your CV to VMock and get instant AI-assisted feedback with formatting, style and structure. (We recommend using VMock in conjunction with a one-to-one meeting and CV review session with your dedicated Careers Consultant - book here via 12twenty.)
- The CareerLeader assessment tool helps you explore your unique skills and interests, generating your personal career profile with recommendations on potential industries/roles to focus on in your job search.
- Highered offers a range of virtual careers events throughout the year, with a focus on exciting career opportunities in Europe and the UK. Connect and chat with recruiters from international employers at one of Highered's industry-themed virtual career fairs from the comfort of your own home!
In addition, Trinity has a central Careers Service who advertise job vacancies, host employer events for specific industries and provide a library of career related information.
Graduate Work Visa for International Students
Ireland is one of the only European countries to provide a two year graduate work visa. The Irish Third Level Graduate scheme exists to allow legally resident non-EEA third level graduates to remain in Ireland for the purpose of seeking employment and applying for a green card or work permit. The Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service provide full details and FAQs on their website. Visit the INIS website to learn more. The Trinity Careers Service also provides information for international students here.