Micro-credential in Foundations in Lean Operational Excellence
Hear what past participants have gained from the Foundations in Lean Operational Excellence programme.
“Practical, straightforward, challenging and simple - this course provides a depth of experience and expertise to those interested in improving operational capability and competitiveness."
- Dr Alexander Ruestig, VP Schaeffler Gmbh, Germany.
|Duration||4 full days|
6, 7, 13 & 14 June 2023
|Schedule||9 am - 5 pm|
|Tuition Fees||Certificate for Completion Route (CC) €1850
Micro – Credential Route (MC) €2000
|Application Deadline||MC Application deadline: 16 May 2023|
Respond to global competitiveness challenges to help ensure the survival and growth of your organisation into the future.
Build your understanding of strategic and practical lean business concepts to support your drive to build sustainable competitiveness. Develop people and processes to achieve operational excellence across your business.
What does the programme offer you?
- Principles and tools to deliver business growth in an ever-competitive business environment
- A practical understanding of why and how to use Lean Thinking, practices and tools to improve your business capability and competitiveness
- Techniques to increase people’s engagement with your competitiveness improvement activities
Within the course you will cover:
- Principles, rules, tools and questions of Lean Practice
- Look, See, Understand, Think and Do – a practical approach and tools for operational diagnostics
- The Five Rings of Lean Business Excellence
- Integrating different departments and sections of the organisation into a coherent whole to deliver the full potential of your organisation
- Principles and practice of qualitative and quantitative benchmarking
- Case study examples to illustrate, share and challenge with a high level of engagement
- Applicability to back office, logistics, warehousing and shop floor activities and to creative areas
Who is this programme designed for?
- Leaders who wish to develop the operational and strategic knowledge of their managers
- Managers with the desire to improve performance within their organisation
- Aspiring managers who wish to develop their capacity to add value to their organisation
Four full days in-person, incorporating lectures, interactive workshops, case studies, panel discussions and group work.
Richard is a specialist in the areas of Lean/World Class Business and Benchmarking. His concept of a three-tier approach to company development has been adopted as a national framework to support the development of competitiveness in Irish industry. He advises major companies across Europe and working with Toyota has led over 70 best practice missions.
Richard has acted in a pro bono role as the advisor to the World Class Activities of the EU-Japan Centre for Industrial Co- Operation, for over 20 years.
Why undertake the programme for credits?
Micro-credentials are short flexible modules that lead to accreditation in the form of ECTS. For further general information about micro-credentials please click here.