For any business operating across different jurisdictions transfer pricing has become a major and sometimes contentious issue. This programme is designed to give an in depth understanding of all the current issues, hear the views of world leading experts in the field and work through a variety of case studies highlighting practical options for dealing with a range of complex transfer pricing issues.
May /June 2024
|Duration||4 full days|
|Schedule||9am - 5pm|
14 & 15 May 2024
11 & 12 June 2024
Who is the programme designed for?
The programme aims to empower key finance and other executives with a deep understanding of the key issues affecting the transfer pricing arrangements in their own or their clients’ businesses to help them develop sustainable transfer pricing policies and resolve issues in their current transfer pricing arrangements.
The programme is suitable for CFO’s, Taxation Managers and other senior executives who need to be aware of transfer pricing issues when making strategic and operational decisions. It will also be suitable for tax advisors in accounting and legal firms.
What does the programme offer to participants?
Participants will gain a deep understanding of all the major current issues affecting transfer pricing and will benefit from the experience shared by world leaders in the field including members of OECD and UN transfer pricing committees as well sharing experiences with participants from multinational entities, tax, financial and legal advisors and tax authorities. They will also benefit from working on a range of case studies providing up to date examples of transfer pricing issues and the options for successfully resolving them.
Day 1: 14/05/2024
- A macro economic overview putting a context on the transfer pricing landscape.
- Current issues in the OECD guidelines including Base Erosion and Profit Shifting (“BEPS”) and Development, Enhancement, Maintenance, Protection and Exploitation (“DEMPE”)
- Resolving transfer pricing disputes
Day 2: 15/05/2024
- Defining the transaction
- Transfer pricing methodologies
- Case studies highlighting specific issues and options for resolution
- Presentation on case study assignment to be reviewed by participants before Day 3
Day 3: 11/06/2024
- Review and discussion on case study assignment
- Impact on US companies trading globally
- US company case studies
- Leveraging technology to increase the accuracy of documentation
- Irish company case study
Day 4: 12/06/2024
- Transfer pricing issues in Europe
- Developing defensible transfer pricing policies
- Benchmarking pricing and costs
- Transfer pricing in a downturn
- Getting the legal documentation right
Programme Director: Hilary Hough
For further information please email Jane Flanagan at email@example.com