There are 5 modules delivered part-time over 9 months. The modules will be delivered half day Thursday afternoon and all day Friday, once a month, between October and June.
9 months part-time
Thursdays: 3pm - 7pm
Saturday, 21 Oct: 9am - 5pm
|Full List of Dates:||
Build momentum towards a sustainable business model: align your business closer to customers, investor demands and emerging regulatory requirements and create a competitive advantage in a sustainability conscious society.
Gain the knowledge and tools to address critical sustainable development challenges by becoming a purpose-driven business leader, understanding the wider socio-economic impact of your business, and the skills to develop smart strategies for implementing sustainable business.
What does the programme offer you?
- Frameworks and tools to develop strategies and action plans in response to current sustainability challenges faced by your organisation
- Capability to evaluate and integrate ethical, social, economic, ecologic and political factors in decision-making to support sustainable business
- Skills to communicate and interact with multiple stakeholders to support positive sustainability action
- Techniques to drive structural and behavioural changes in your organisation
- Applied practical learning through the development of a sustainable business project specific to your organisation or a participating project company
- Upon successful completion of this course you will earn a Postgraduate Certificate in Sustainable Development for Business
Get insights into the organisational, contextual and societal factors influencing sustainable behaviours and examine leadership and change management strategies needed to design and deliver effective sustainability initiatives.
Explore the global dimension of the sustainability challenge for business and learn about the most important managerial tools, concepts and frameworks to bridge the gap between current business practice and sustainability requirements.
Explore the sustainability dimensions of corporate measurement and reporting, as well as attempts to obtain better insight into sustainable value creation through integrated reporting. Learn about the rapid consolidation taking place in terms of standards, with specific reference to the International Sustainability Standards Board.
Learn how to adopt a purpose-driven approach to change management and understand how economic, social and environmental challenges can be met through systems-thinking and nature- based solutions.
Analyse real-world sustainability challenges with your employer organisation, your business or a partnered organisation and develop solution focused blueprints for implementation.
Who is this programme designed for?
- Mid-level and senior executives from across the private sector, public sector and third sector, who are looking to drive competitive advantage through a sustainable business model
- Experienced managers in diverse functions – including CSR and sustainability, legal and compliance, procurement, operations and external affairs
- Recently promoted executives facing new leadership challenges in the area of sustainability
The programme has five modules delivered between October 2023 and June 2024.
Designed to fit into your busy work schedule, the modules take place in person and are delivered over a series of workshops (three per module) held on a Thursday evening and all day Friday, once a month.
The Postgraduate Certificate course is open to:
- Graduates with a degree (or equivalent) with a strong academic record in any discipline from a recognised third-level institution
- Applicants without a degree with a proven managerial track record
All applicants are required to have a minimum of 3 years of professional or managerial work experience and should provide two references confirming their eligibility and suitability for the programme, which together with the applicant’s academic performance during their undergraduate years and their CV will be used to select the most suitable candidates. Telephone interviews may be conducted to clarify applicants’ motivation and interest in the programme.
Language requirements for students whose first language is not English are IELTS 6.5 or TOEFL IBT 90 for non-native English speakers.
Dr Max Schormair (Programme Director)
Assistant Professor in Business Ethics
Dr Daniel Malan
Assistant Professor in Business Ethics
Dr Mary-Lee Rhodes
Associate Professor in Business
Dr Samuel Cromie
Assistant Professor in Psychology, Trinity School of Psychology