Skip to main content

Trinity College Dublin, The University of Dublin

Trinity Menu Trinity Search

Frequently Asked Questions

Last updated 20 September 2022

Human Resources

Where are Human Resources located?

The HR Department are located at: Trinity Central 2nd Floor, 152-160 Pearse Street, Dublin 2.

What are the opening hours?

Our HR Service Centre team will be happy to address any query you may have. We are open from 9.00am to 5.00pm Monday - Friday. We are open throughout lunchtime.

What is the University’s Employer Registered Number?


When are monthly salary payments made?

Monthly salary payments are made on the 20th of each month, for that calendar month, by direct debit into your bank account

When are fortnightly salary payments made?

Fortnightly salary payments are made by direct debit into your bank account. The schedule for fortnightly payments can be found on the HR website.

Where do I find the Trinity Salary Scales?

The Trinity salary scales are available on the HR website.

Where do I get my Staff ID card?

Please follow the below instructions to request your first staff card or renew your existing card.

  • Fill in the Staff Card Application Form
  • Send the completed application form and a jpeg picture to
  • You will receive an email confirming that your application has been received.

How do I gain permission to access the Trinity College Library?

You must complete a Library Bond Form and return it to the Berkeley Library.

What is a PPS Number?

A Personal Public Service number is a unique reference number for all dealings with the Public Service (e.g. applying to the tax office for a tax credits certificate, applying to the Department of Social, Community, and Family Affairs for a Social Welfare payment scheme etc). The PPS number replaces the RSI number (Revenue and Social Insurance Number).  If you already have an RSI number this is now your Personal Public Service number.  More information about the PPS number can be obtained at the Department of Social Welfare website:

Where do I get a PPS number?

You can apply for a PPS number online. The webpage sets out instructions on how to obtain a PPS number.

How do I get a parking permit?

Estates and Facilities issue parking permits so you will need to contact 01 896 4000 or visit the Estates and Facilities website.

When will I receive my contract?

All new employees will be issued with a contract of employment before commencing employment. The contract of employment will lay out all terms and conditions of employment.

Where can I find Trinity's current vacancies advertised?

All vacancies are advertised on

Will you accept an application after the closing date?

No, Trinity has a very strict policy on this and cannot accept any application past the 12 noon deadline (Irish time) on the closing date.

I am leaving Trinity College, what do I need to do?

Please see the employee/manager checklist which should be followed to ensure your final salary can be paid correctly.