Benefits Modelling Tool
What is the Modelling Tool?
The Modelling Tool is an online calculation tool that allows active members of the Model Pension Scheme to estimate the following pension details:
- Pension benefits at retirement for a selected retirement age;
- Spouses' / Civil Partners' and Children's benefits;
- Death in Service Benefits;
- Preserved Benefits if you resign/leave service before minimum retirement age;
- Actuarially Reduced benefits before minimum retirement age. Please note that these will be indicative figures only. The modelling tool is based on the Civil Service modelling tool which is based on a retirement age of 65 and not 30 September following age 65. Therefore if your retirement date is closer to your 66th birthday you may wish to contact the Pensions Office for more accurate figures.
The Modelling Tool also allows members to estimate benefits based on different scenarios and the potential effects of:
- Changes to their working hours;
- Changes to their pensionable salary.
How do I access the Modelling Tool?
We recommend that you use the Online Modelling Tool User Guide prior to using the Modelling Tool.
Please click here to access the Online Modelling Tool.
The benefits quoted will be based on the information that you insert into the online Modelling Tool.
If your query is still not addressed, quoting your Staff ID number, please contact the Pensions Office.