Skip to main content

Trinity College Dublin, The University of Dublin

Trinity Menu Trinity Search

You are here Employee Services > Occasional Staff and Casual Payroll > Eligibility to work in Ireland

Occasional Staff and Casual Payroll

Eligibility to Work in Ireland

Every Non EU / UK national required permission to work in Ireland. Permission comes in the form of Employment Permit and/or Immigration Stamp

Please review the table below with the most common stamps and some comments related.

If you have some questions regarding Eligibility to work please contact the Work Permits teams at
You can also find more information at

Not permitted to Work

  • Stamp O
  • Stamp 3

Work should not be completed until the right to work has been clarified by the Work Permits or Occasional Employee Services team. The person cannot be paid if they do not have the entitlement to work in Ireland.

Due to the nature and duration of Occasional work, an Employment Permit cannot be sought by TCD, therefor the person must hold an appropriate Immigration Stamp that allows them to take up the post on the proposed terms.

Their eligibility to work ceases on the expiry date of their Stamp. Continuation of employment beyond this date is subject to the provision of a renewed and relevant Stamp by the Non-EU national.