Skip to main content

Trinity College Dublin, The University of Dublin

Trinity Menu Trinity Search

You are here Blended Working > e-Worker Tax Relief

E-worker Tax Relief

As a public sector employer, we are prohibited from contributing to additional costs for items such as electricity, heating and broadband for staff working from home due to COVID-19 restriction. However, there is E-Working tax relief that staff can claim where they work from home for substantial periods on a full or part-time basis. Such staff can claim E-Working expenses by completing an Income Tax return on the Revenue website as follows:

  1. sign into revenue.myaccount  
  2. click on 'Review your tax' link in PAYE Services
  3. select the Income Tax return for the relevant tax year
  4. select 'Other PAYE Expenses' in the 'Tax Credits and Reliefs' page and insert the amount of expense at the 'Amount Claimed' section.

Staff who you have yet registered for Revenue's online services should do so now at the link above in preparation for making claims in 2021.

As a claim may be selected for future examination by Revenue, all documentation relating to a claim should be retained by the staff member for a period of six years from the end of the tax year to which the claim relates. Please check the Revenue website for details on how such relief is calculated.