Frequently Asked Questions
LinkedIn Learning - lil.tcd.ieLast Updated 30/08/2022
What is LinkedIn Learning?
LinkedIn Learning is Trinity College's online learning platform. It contains courses, videos and learning paths on creative, business and technical topics. There are 6,000 courses on the platform.
How do I access LinkedIn Learning?
Simply type lil.tcd.ie into your internet browser.
Do I need to have a LinkedIn account to use LinkedIn Learning?
No you do not. You sign in via your organisation – in this case using your Trinity email and username.
How do I login using a Laptop or Desktop?
Go to lil.tcd.ie and enter your Trinity username & password.
How do I login using the LinkedIn Learning app* for iOS & Android
- Open the LinkedIn Learning app and tap the Sign-in with my Organisation button.
- Enter tcd.ie in the field where it asks for Organisation’s Name or Domain.
- Tap Continue when you see the Trinity logo displayed
- Enter your Trinity username and password Or select your username from the list provided and enter your password.
- Tap Sign-in
*Download and install the LinkedIn learning app from the relevant app store
How is my data protected?
LinkedIn processes your personal data on behalf of Trinity for Trinity staff & students, in the following ways:
1. Trinity staff & students who logged into Lynda.com prior to 26th August 2019
Trinity staff and students accounts on Lynda.com (predecessor service to LinkedIn Learning) have been migrated to LinkedIn Learning. LinkedIn only processes the data for the provision of LinkedIn Learning Services.
2. Trinity staff & students who log into LinkedIn Learning from 27th August 2019
Data will be processed for Trinity users (Staff & Students) who login to LinkedIn Learning. Only on first login to lil.tcd.ie is an "account" created with LinkedIn Learning. LinkedIn only processes the data for the provision of LinkedIn Learning Services.
Trinity releases the following items of information for each Trinity staff & student member who was migrated or who first logs into LinkedIn Learning:
- Email Address @tcd.ie
- Affiliation with Trinity – Staff or Student
- First Name
There is specifically no connection between LinkedIn Learning and LinkedIn.com for Trinity staff or student data.
You will find further information on data privacy in the LinkedIn Data Privacy Statement.
Who do I contact if I'm having problems with my account?
You can log on to linkedin.com/help/learning.
I received an email from LinkedIn Learning telling me to activate my account, but the link contained within the email seems to be broken. What can I do?
Please be advised to be aware that we do get our fair share of phishing emails and that any email that looks or seems suspect should be deleted or sent to IT services with a note explaining it to them.
You should still be able to access Trinity's LinkedIn Learning with the following steps:
- Using your IE or Chrome internet browser on your PC or laptop please go to http://lil.tcd.ie
- Either pick your Trinity IT username from the list presented or enter your Trinity IT username.
- Enter your Trinity IT password and click on Sign-in.
- You may then be asked if you wish to choose to stay Signed in or not – click Yes or No.
- LinkedIn Learning will open.
If at this point there is an issue please contact linked learning and explain to them what is happening.
The LinkedIn Learning account connected with your Trinity Log in details has nothing to do with your own personal LinkedIn profile.