Creative and Cultural Entrepreneurship (P. Grad. Cert.)

24 weeks

Overview

Are you interested in harnessing your creative talents to establish an entrepreneurial venture? Do you want to establish a sustainable career and future for yourself in the vibrant arts industry?

On this practical, part-time Postgraduate Certificate (Level 9) in Creative & Cultural Entrepreneurship, you will learn everything that you need to develop, manage, and thrive as a creative and cultural entrepreneur.

The arts values critical, creative, and lateral thinking - skills which are central to innovation and entrepreneurship. Join us to learn how to make your creative and cultural contributions to society economically viable and sustainable.

Module 1 - Career Pathways
This module explores principles of Design Thinking - Evolution of Innovative Ideas in Multidisciplinary Teams. Participants will also explore the changing nature of work.

Module 2 - Innovation & Creativity
This module explores principles and practices associated with creativity and innovation. It exposes students to frameworks and methodologies for idea generation, problem solving and creative collaboration.

Module 3 - Creative & Cultural Entrepreneurship
This module introduces the process involved in creating, leading and scaling entrepreneurial start-up venture in the creative and cultural sectors.

Career Opportunities

Our graduates find career opportunities working in the area of arts programming and cultural management, at both government and community levels.

Click Here for further information on modules/subject.

Course Fees
100% or 90% Funded through the HEA Springboard+ initiative for eligible applicants. See eligibility criteria

Springboard+ covers 100% of course fees for eligible, unemployed applicants who are successful in their application. Springboard+ covers 90% of course fees for eligible, employed applicants who are successful in their application. The remaining 10% course fee is €312.50.

Course Details

Next Intake

September 2023

Course Director

Dr Karl Thomas – Academic Lead

Closing Date

31st July 2023

students working in library/>

Admission Requirements

The postgraduate certificate course will be open to graduates with a level 8 honours degree (or equivalent) in any discipline from a recognised third level institution. Those with demonstrated entrepreneurship aspirations will be prioritised. As part of the entrance criteria, all applicants will be required to submit a 1-page personal statement outlining their motivation to undertake the course.

Applicants who do not meet the entry requirements may still be considered if they can demonstrate their suitability for the course based on recognition of prior learning (RPL) under Trinity’s RPL policy and procedures.

All applicants whose first language is not English and who have not been educated through the medium of English must present qualifications in the English language that pass the grades set by IELTS or TOEFL (or equivalent).

Course Fees

Click here for a full list of postgraduate fees

Apply

To apply, click on the relevant Apply Link below

Get in Touch

Register Your Interest

Register your interest in postgraduate study at Trinity College Dublin, the University of Dublin.

As Ireland’s leading university, we offer a wide range of postgraduate programmes at masters, diploma and certificate level.

Trinity is an international university steeped in history, with a reputation for excellence in education, research and innovation.

Register Your Interest