Specialist Practice - Gerontological Nursing (P.Grad.Cert.)
1 Year Part-Time
This P.Grad.Cert. in Specialist Practice programme has been developed, in partnership with associated health service providers, to meet the demands and challenges within the health care system and specifically within specialist care. The programme is firmly grounded in a body of knowledge and clinical expertise that aims to promote excellence in the area of specialist care practice. It is also designed to provide academically robust education for the students and the various modules offered develop and complement subjects undertaken at degree or 'equivalent' level.
Students must accumulate 30 ECTS and successfully complete three modules for the award of P.Grad.Cert. in Specialist Practice. Students who successfully complete the P.Grad.Cert. in Specialist Practice without compensation are eligible for entry to the relevant M.Sc./P.Grad. Dip. programme.
1 Year Part-Time
Closing Date30 June 2019
Admission Requirements Gerontological Nursing strand:
- The candidate must satisfy all of the following criteria:
- be registered as a nurse on the live register with Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland and
- be working in an area where gerontological nursing care is delivered in Ireland for the duration of the course;
- have a minimum of one years full-time clinical nursing practice or equivalent recent clinical nursing practice since first registration and
- hold an honours degree in nursing studies or equivalent or otherwise satisfy the course committee that they have the ability to complete and benefit from the course.
All applicants to the School of Nursing and Midwifery whose first language is not English or who have not been educated through the medium of English must present one of the following qualifications in the English language:
• IELTS: Grade 6.5 overall with a minimum of grade of 6 in each category
• TOEFL: 88 internet-based, 570 paper-based, 230 computer-based. The test taken here should be TOEFL IBT
• University of Cambridge:
Proficiency Certificate, Grade C or better (CEFR Level C1 or C2)
Advanced Certificate, Grade C or better (CEFR Level C1 or C2)
• Pearson Test of English (Academic) - PTE Academic: a minimum score of 63 to be eligible (with no section score below 59)
• An award certificate with a minimum II.1 overall score from Trinity's Centre for English Language Learning and Teaching's Pre-sessional Pathway Programme
Please note that test scores are only valid for two years.
To apply, click on the relevant Apply Link below