Clinical Health Sciences Education (M.Sc. / P.Grad.Dip.)
2 years part-time
The MSc in CHSE offers suitably qualified health care practitioners an opportunity to develop their skills in teaching, assessment, curriculum design, development, evaluation and research. The student teachers on this course learn these skills in both stimulated and professional practice contexts which are underpinned by the philosophy of interdisciplinary learning. This results in teachers who are thoughtful, critical and more importantly prepared for the challenges of teaching within higher education. Students are required to maintain a portfolio throughout the course and are required to complete 100 hours of teaching practice (80 hours classroom teaching and 20 hours clinical teaching).
The programme takes place over two years on a part-time basis. A blended learning approach is utilised in the delivery of theoretical content, including lectures, group discussion, Blackboard and self-directed learning. The assessment process used is a combination of written and practical assignments. In year one, students develop their knowledge and skills in health sciences education while year two concentrates on research and the completion of dissertation.
Course Options2 years part-time
Caitriona Nic Philibin
353 1 896 3015 ,
Closing Date30 June 2018
Entry Requirement for interdisciplinary healthcare applicants
- Registration as a health services professional with the appropriate body and working in a relevant area and
- an honours degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent professional and academic qualifications and
- a minimum of three years full-time recent clinical experience practice or equivalent since registration. This experience must be where learners are undertaking placements.
- Active registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland and
- an honours degree in Nursing or Midwifery
- have a minimum of three years full-time recent clinical nursing practice or equivalent since registration. This experience must be where student nurses or midwives are undertaking placements.
Documentation required to complete application
- Contact details of 2 academic referees
- Copies of academic transcripts from completed educational courses
- Copies of official awards (parchment) from completed educational courses
- Written confirmation of teaching arrangements.
To apply, click on the relevant Apply Link below
Caitriona Nic Philibin