This online course is relevant to safety critical industries across the globe and focuses on people already in work, who have responsibility for managing: risk; change; safety; quality; planning; system design. It brings the next generation of safety, risk and change management to you, in your work, embedded in your everyday practice with a systemic, proactive and performance focus.
The overall objective of this online Masters programme is to provide a rigorous but practical focus on risk, change and system design in operations, manufacturing and services, with an innovative integrated approach to the role of people in such systems. It provides a core framework that has been tested in collaborative industrial research and practice for managing and developing people, the design and integration of new technologies, the management of risk and the implementation of change. World-class international teams who have collaborated through industrial research has been mobilised to provide the highest calibre research led teaching, supervision and professional expertise.
This course provides students with a stimulating online learning experience by creating a structured yet flexible learning approach. The place of study is flexible as online delivery allows students to engage in learning activities at home or in the workplace and there is no requirement to attend the Trinity campus in Dublin. Students will have access to weekly materials using a virtual learning environment and the opportunity to engage with other students and lecturers using a variety of online discussion boards.
Students will also become part of a global community of practice, a community of professional learners, across a range of safety critical sectors, where they will benefit not only from the academic and industrial experts delivering the course but also from the extended network of fellow students.
The programme will be an excellent qualification to supplement the further education and career development of personnel who have responsibility for managing: risk, change; operations; quality; safety; human resources; planning; and system design. Generic knowledge and skills in managing risk and change enhances key organisational competence and increases resilience of industrial
Click Here for further information on modules/subject.
Study Managing Risk and System Change
This short video introduces the Fully Online Postgraduate Certificate /Diploma. /M.Sc. in Managing Risk and System Change.
Number of Places20 Places
Assistant Professor Siobhn Corrigan
31st July 2022
- Applicants will normally be required to hold an Honours degree (II.1)** or equivalent and have at least 3 to 4 years appropriate professional experience.
- Applicants will also have to be in (or have access) to an employment setting that facilitates the applicant to be able to satisfy the applied research aspect of the course.
- **Note: In exceptional circumstances, the course director shall make appropriate recommendations to the Dean of Graduate Studies for candidates who do not fully meet the above criteria but make a reasonable case for admissions otherwise i.e. based on their work experience. An applicant may be asked to provide written samples in support of academic writing ability or be set a piece of academic writing to complete.
- Students whose first language is not English will need a recognised English language qualification in line with the requirements as laid down in Postgraduate Calendar Part 3 Section 1.5 Language of Instruction.
- Applicants may also be asked to take part in a short interview (in person or via phone/skype) as part of the assessment process.
- References: students are requested to submit the names of two referees on their application form. In the first instance our preference is for one academic and one professional reference. We do however have discretion to accept either two academic or two professional references. Note: the referees listed on the application are automatically emailed a secure link to complete and upload the reference. Any difficulties in relation to references should be brought to the attention of the course administrator.
Click here for a full list of postgraduate fees.
Get in Touch
00353 1 8962605
Register Your Interest
Register your interest in postgraduate study at Trinity College Dublin, the University of Dublin.
As Ireland’s leading university, we offer a wide range of postgraduate programmes at masters, diploma and certificate level.
Trinity is an international university steeped in history, with a reputation for excellence in education, research and innovation.
Colette Kelly Graduate April 2018
I expected an amazing standard of education and I was not disappointed. The factor, however, that motivated me to attain a level of conceptual change, that translated the acquisition of information into a new way of thinking and a new perspective on how I perceive the world, was the ethos of encouragement, genuine interest and belonging I experienced through every contact with the lecturers and the support team.
My lecturers facilitated an expansive learning experience; my supervisors lifted spirits and curtailed effusive prose throughout a tumultuous period of thesis preparation and writing, the support team reassured with an enthusiasm that was infectious at crisis points.
My M.Sc. in Risk Management and System Change course was delivered online, with regular onsite events occurring across two years. The creativity with which the course team designed and delivered the course ensured that a diverse group of students, located world-wide, bonded in a manner that is a testament to the holistic quality of a Trinity education.
I made life-long friends. From the initial enquiry through to graduation and beyond, the level of support and care offered continues to inspire and surprise me.