Innovation and Enterprise Development (P. Grad. Cert.)

NFQ Level 9
22 weeks


Course Overview

During this course you will learn to approach problem solving in an innovative way, by using tools and techniques to brainstorm new ideas and applying lateral thinking. By engaging with entrepreneurs, business leaders and industry mentors in an informal learning environment while engaging in valuable peer-to-peer learning, you will experience the process of bringing an idea through from development to implementation:
Module 1: Innovation & Creativity
This module explores principles and practices associated with creativity and innovation. It exposes students to frameworks and methodologies for idea generation, problem solving and creative collaboration.
Module 2: Opportunity Generation, Recognition & Communication
This module provides students with the tools to generate and recognise entrepreneurial opportunity. There is also a focus on the communication and articulation of such opportunity in an influential manner.
Module 3: Enterprise Development
This module introduces students to the process involved in creating, leading and scaling an entrepreneurial start-up venture.

Course Fees

Springboard+ covers 100% of course fees for eligible, unemployed applicants who are successful in their application. Springboard+ covers 90% of course fees for eligible, employed applicants who are successful in their application. The remaining 10% course fee is €300.

For further information on modules/subject -





Course Details


NFQ Level 9

Next Intake

Course Details

25th January 2024

This course may be offered once a year,
starting either in September or January. Subject to funding.

Find more information here:

Course Director

The programme is led and facilitated by Gillian Roddie and incorporates a host of other contributors both from academia and industry.
Academic leads:
Jess Hayden
Lucy McKenna

Closing Date

Applications Close: 8th November 2023

students working in library/>

Admission Requirements

Funding eligibility is as outlined the Springboard+ website.

Applicants must be in possession of a level 8 honours degree (or equivalent), in any discipline from a recognised institution. Those with demonstrated entrepreneurship aspirations will be prioritised.

Applicants who do not meet the entry requirements may still be considered if they can demonstrate their suitability for the course based on recognition of prior learning (RPL) under Trinity’s RPL policy and procedures.

All applicants whose first language is not English and who have not been educated through the medium of English must present qualifications in the English language that pass the grades set by IELTS or TOEFL (or equivalent).

All students are required to have a laptop or a PC, a webcam and stable Internet connection.

Course Fees

Click here for a full list of postgraduate fees


To apply, click on the relevant Apply Link below

Get in Touch

Telephone Number

(086) 0 320 487


Register Your Interest

Register your interest in studying at Ireland’s leading university, Trinity College Dublin, the University of Dublin.

Register Your Interest