A new Masters course in "Smart Medicines (SME)", will be offered to entrepreneurs, business sector specialists, venture consultants and professionals.
Specifically, 12 x 5 ECTS Taught Modules with an additional 30 ECTS Research Project will create a MSc degree (90 ECTS), with an exit postgraduate diploma of 60 ECTS created by the 12 x 5 ECTS Taught Modules. The modules include:
• M01: Biology for the Entrepreneur
• M02: Scientific Transformation of an Entrepreneur
• M03: Disease Indications & the Market I
• M04: Disease Indications & the Market II
Drug Development Modules
• M05: Drug Development - The classics of large Pharma
• M06: Drug Development - Innovators and Disruptors
Clinical Development Modules
• M07: Clinical Development
• M08: Regulators and Manufacturers
• M09: Medical Devices & Biopharmaceuticals
Pharmaceutical Commercialisation Modules
• M10: Product & Company Licensing, Mergers & Valuations
• M11: Enterprise Development – Start-ups
• M12: Enterprise Development – IP and Leadership
• M13: Research Project (30 ECTS)
Student will be full time and complete all 90 ECTS in one year.
Overall, this course is designed to provide a new language to those coming from a non-biology background in drug discovery and pharmaceutical development. The course is also designed to provide a language of business and commercialisation to those who are knowledgeable in the area of biology. This course trains, converts and upskills the "biologist-to-business" and "business-to-biologist". It provides training in the area of drug development, biotech, pharma and commercialisation.
How to Apply: Apply via online TCD portal
Prof Kumlesh K. Dev
31st July 2022
Applicants will be expected to have an Honors Bachelor degree at 2.1 or above. Applicants should have a primary degree in science (e.g. cell biology, immunology, neuroscience, pharmacology, physiology), health sciences (e.g. medicine, nursing, allied health) and/or business (e.g. entrepreneurs, business specialists, venture consultants). Applicants with other primary degrees will be considered. Other applicants without a primary degree may be considered by the Dean of Graduate Studies in exceptional circumstanced based on workplace experience.
Click here for a full list of postgraduate fees
Get in Touch
Register Your Interest
Register your interest in postgraduate study at Trinity College Dublin, the University of Dublin.
As Ireland’s leading university, we offer a wide range of postgraduate programmes at masters, diploma and certificate level.
Trinity is an international university steeped in history, with a reputation for excellence in education, research and innovation.