Specialist Practice - Perioperative (P.Grad.Cert.)
1 Year Part-Time
This P.Grad.Cert. in Specialist Practice programme has been developed, in partnership with associated health service providers, to meet the demands and challenges within the health care system and specifically within specialist care. The programme is firmly grounded in a body of knowledge and clinical expertise that aims to promote excellence in the area of specialist care practice. It is also designed to provide academically robust education for the students and the various modules offered develop and complement subjects undertaken at degree or 'equivalent' level.
Students must accumulate 30 ECTS and successfully complete three modules for the award of P.Grad.Cert. in Specialist Practice. Students who successfully complete the P.Grad.Cert. in Specialist Practice without compensation are eligible for entry to the relevant M.Sc./P.Grad. Dip. programme.
The modules are each worth 10 ECTS and are:
Nursing Specialist – Peri-Operative:
1. Principles of Perioperative Nursing
2. Peri-Operative Department Management
3. Nursing Management of the Perioperative Patient
1 Year Part-Time
Closing Date31 July 2021
Admission Requirements Specialist Nursing strands:
- Admission to the strand will be subject to place availability. The entry criteria for this strand are:
- Current registration on the appropriate nursing division of the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland Active Register
- Two years post-registration clinical experience since first registration
- Twelve months experience (within the last two years) in the specialty in Ireland at the time of application.
- Candidates must also fulfil one of the following criteria:
An honours degree in nursing or a related discipline or equivalent professional and academic qualification or satisfy the selection committee that they have the academic ability to successfully complete the programme.
- Each student will be engaged in specific practice settings in Ireland relevant to each individual strand for the duration of the programme of study.
- Additional criteria may be required by individual Health Service Providers.
All applicants to the School of Nursing and Midwifery whose first language is not English or who have not been educated through the medium of English must present one of the following qualifications in the English language:
• IELTS: Grade 6.5 overall with a minimum of grade of 6.5 in each category
• TOEFL: 88 internet-based, 570 paper-based, 230 computer-based. The test taken here should be TOEFL IBT
• University of Cambridge:
Proficiency Certificate, Grade C or better (CEFR Level C1 or C2)
Advanced Certificate, Grade C or better (CEFR Level C1 or C2)
• Pearson Test of English (Academic) - PTE Academic: a minimum score of 63 to be eligible (with no section score below 59)
• Duolingo English Test: minimum overall score of 110/160, dated since January 2020
• An award certificate with a minimum II.1 overall score from Trinity's Centre for English Language Learning and Teaching's Pre-sessional Pathway Programme
Please also note that existing IELTS, TOEFL, Cambridge and PET scores up to three years old (rather than two) will be accepted for 2020/21 applications in light of test centre closures.
To apply, click on the relevant Apply Link below