Clinical Dentistry (M.Sc.)
1 year part-time
The aim of this course is to enable students to develop their current skills set, through teaching and their own research, in order to work at an advanced level in Clinical Dentistry. The course will expand students’ knowledge and skills in the management of patients and enable students to critically evaluate and participate in research in this area. The course uses a range of assessments, which give students the opportunity to produce assessed work which is highly relevant to the clinical environment and which develops independent life-long learning skills.
Graduates holding a P.Grad.Dip. in Clinical Dentistry or other equivalent dental awards from Trinity or other institutions in Ireland or the UK may apply to complete a further 30ECTS for the award of M.Sc. in Clinical Dentistry over one year.
1 year part-time
Applicants for the M.Sc. are required
- To hold a P.Grad.Dip. in Clinical Dentistry or a similar postgraduate Dental Diplomas either in Trinity or from elsewhere in Ireland or the UK
- To hold an honours primary degree in Dental Science
- To have a minimum of one year’s professional experience in the field of general dental practice within the past two years
- To be registered with the Dental Council of Ireland for the duration of the course
- Good communication skills in English are essential. Minimum requirements are an IELTS score of 7 or TOEFL score of 230 computer based, 570 paper based, 88 internet based.
- Applicants must have evidence of satisfactory seroconversion for protection against Hepatitis B. New regulations may require testing for Hepatitis C for new entrants to the HSE.
- Applicants will also be required to undergo Garda (Police) Vetting.
In exceptional circumstances, the Admissions Sub-Committee shall make appropriate recommendations to the Dean of Graduate Studies for a candidate who does not fully meet the above criteria but make a reasonable case for admissions otherwise
To apply, click on the relevant Apply Link below
Get In Touch
Dr. Michael O'Sullivan
+353 1 6127354